Chapter 34

"So how's everything been Izz?" Tiffany asked before taking a sip of her corona beer. I looked around the back yard searching for London and I realized she was sitting on the patio chatting with my grams. I directed my attention back to Tiff.

You see me and Tiffany basically family, we met in high school because her brother and I were good friends. His name was Chad, and to be honest he was like a best friend to me. I got him plugged into the game and he became a block boy working for my pops and uncle along with me.

Unfortunately one night while working the block shit went left and mother fuckers blasted at him shooting him right in the chest 3 times, killing him instantly. I promised Tiff that I wouldn't stop until I put whoever killed her brother 6 feet under and knowing me, that's exactly what I did.

Couple months after he was buried my pops got word that some niggas from up north who was tryna take over did it to send a message, well I returned that message by taking they whole team out. I've been looking out for Tiffany ever since.

She's really like my little sis, expect for that one time we got really drunk and hooked up, we promised to never speak on it again though, so we acted as if nothing ever went down.

"Everything's been good, can't complain." I said slightly checking her out. Tiffany was a born hustler just like her brother. After he died she graduated high school, went on to college and got herself a business license.

She now owns a few nail salon spas, one out here in Georgia, another in Cali and she's having a grand opening for one in Vegas soon, according to her instagram. She kept herself well put together no matter the occasion. "I can tell she makes you happy." She stated smirking. "Y-Yea, she do. That's my baby." I said sticking my hands inside my jeans pocket. "I'm happy for you, those other little fast hoes weren't really getting the job done." She laughed.

I chuckled. "Yea cause you know me so well Tiff." She playfully pushed my shoulder causing me to fall back a little. "Mane for a girly girl you sure do handle yo self like a nigga." I said causing her to bust out laughing.

"Well what do you expect Izz? My brother was a tough one." She said slightly getting sad. "Hey don't do that, you know he's up there looking out for you, bringing you all these blessings. Like them shops." I said trying to cheer her up.

It's only been 2 years since Chad passed so the wound was still fresh for her. You see Tiffany and Chad came from nothing, they moms and pops was crackheads. Always popping pills or getting high off coke. One day CPS pulled up to their house and removed them from the home, they been in the foster system ever since.

After Chad turned 18 he took Tiffany, packed all their shit and bounced. That's when he came down here to underwood hills, better known as The Westside. They both attended the same high school as me but only me and Chad got close. Tiffany and I became close after his passing. I know she was his only family so I treated her like my own. She met my mother before she passed, my pops, my grandma—damn near the whole Velez family.

"I should head out. I'll be at the surprise dinner tomorrow so I'll see you and your girlfriend then, maybe I'll get to know her more." Tiffany said before giving me a hug and slipping me a smile. I watched her walk over to mama Shirley and London to say her goodbyes then she went on her way.

I headed over to London to make sure my granny wasn't talking her ear off like she usually do to everyone she meet. "You good?" I asked looking at her. "Yea. I'm fine." She said dryly. I could tell something was up with her but now wasn't the time for that. A nigga was starving and ready to tear up some real down south food. "Let's say grace shall we." One of my aunts said as she closed her eyes.

Everyone else at the table did the same. "Heavenly father we thank you for this food, we thank you for providing and bringing us together. We thank you for keeping us in good health and keeping us all so close, amen." She said rising her head up "Amen." We all said and began digging into the food.

Our plates consisted of fry chicken, baked chicken, fry shrimp, white rice, mash potatoes, Mac and cheese, greens and cornbread. I watched London take a bite of her fry chicken as I took a sip of my homemade lemonade. "Dang, yo people can cook." She said wiping her mouth. "Word, granny be in the kitchen working." I said smirking.

"So London where you from?" My cousin Trey asked making conversation. "I'm from Virginia, South Boston to be exact." She said slightly smiling. "Coo." Trey nodded his head. "How old are you if you don't mind me asking you sugar?" My aunt Thelma questioned her after she finished chewing some of her food.

"I-I'm eighteen ma'am. I'll be nineteen next month." I heard London respond. I rolled my eyes because I just knew my aunt would have something to say.

She could come off as the nice and warm aunt, but trust me she had a smart ass mouth on her. She looked at me raising her right eyebrow and then smiling back at London. "Hmm, do your parents know about you and Izaiah's relationship?" She asked being nosey once again.

"Aunty!" I said trying to get her to not go there. "No, it's fine." London said gently touching my arm. "My dad passed away when I was a little girl, and as for my mother...she's in jail, she has her demons." London simply said to my aunt. "I'm sorry for your loss babygirl." Aunt Thelma said showing complete sympathy. "Ok let's liven this up, mamas birthday in a few hours." My little cousin Sage said changing the conversation.

I was thankful because this was starting to get uncomfortable as hell. "It's only sixty-three. Y'all relax." My granny said waving us off. "Oh you hush up Shirley! Not everybody lives to even see sixty." My aunt Thelma said.

"And I couldn't be more thankful Thelma." My granny said brushing off her shoulder as we let out some laughs. "But seriously now, you all don't have to do nothing crazy." She continued saying. "But we still gon make it lit mama." Sage said doing the dab.

The rest of the evening was full of laughter and vibes as my family got to know London better. I already knew they would like her because she's just a genuine soul.

TO BE CONTINUED...
Like|comment|share
V O T E 🌟

Sb- Here's a picture of the character Tiffany. She's gonna be popping up/talked about in this book a few times. (See picture down below)

 (See picture down below)

Sb2- follow my IG @dom.pettty & also thank you all for reading this book ❤️ I appreciate the support and feed back fr. I also know there are a few errors, I'll go back and edit them soon. 💻