Chapter 36

When we walked into the private part of the restaurant everything was set up nicely. The was a large table with silverware, flowers, plates, wine glasses and a personalized menu. A few of Izaiah's family members were already there, some were from the small get together yesterday including that girl Tiffany.

I rolled my eyes in annoyance and walked over to greet Sage. "Hey Sage." I said smiling and giving her a small hug. "Hey London! Girl you look bomb! Kendra hooked you up." She said looking at my makeup. "Thanks girl, you look good too." I said.

"Ok everyone...mamas on her way inside, when she comes in were all going to yell surprise." Some lady in a white dress said. She was very pretty, light skinned and her natural hair was cut blunt. She looked like she was in her late 20s. I walked over to Zay and waited for his grandma to walk in.

A few seconds later she came in with Izaiah's aunt Thelma and everyone began yelling surprise as they greeted her with hugs and kisses. I watched everyone walking away from her before I went to wish her a happy birthday. "Happy birthday mama Shirley." I said hugging her tightly with a smile. "Oh thank you baby!" She said in joy while placing a kiss on my cheek.

I made my way to my seat which was next to Zay and Tiffany. If this bitch think she about to try something with my man then she has another thing coming.

I picked up the personalized food menu and began looking through it. "What you getting?" Sage asked leaning in beside me. "Uhh, to be honest, I don't know." I told her honestly. "Well you should get the grilled salmon with yellow rice on the side, and you can't forget about the mash." Sage said pointing to the picture on my menu.

I smiled and nod my head. "It does look good. Ima get it." I said picking up my wine glass to take a sip of the 1942 that was inside.

I watched as all the family members talked amongst themselves while the music played through the speakers. This restaurant was really nice and fancy. Soon after everyone's food was coming out to the table. "I know you not ok." Zay said into my ear. "No I'm not fine, but this ain't the time or place." I told him sternly before taking a bite out of my salmon, it was indeed good like Sage said.

I continued to eat my food until I was full and couldn't take another bite. I sat back in my seat and watched the waiters collect everyone's plate who was done with their food. "Ok, let's make mama Shirley open some gifts before the cake comes out." The lady in the white dress said out loud.

Trey, Izaiah's cousin walked over to where all his grandmothers gifts were seating and picking up a few bags and placed them down in front of her on the table. "Oh my..." she said in shock at all the gifts everyone got her. "Open mine first mama." Sage blurted out causing everyone to giggle.

"I'll get to your gift eventually child." Mama Shirley said picking up a gift that was wrapped in plain red wrapping paper. "Uh—lets see, this says it's from Tiffany." Mama Shirley continued saying which caused me to scuff softly. She opened up the present and pulled out the picture frame then covered her mouth. "I love it!" Mama Shirley said turning it around so everyone else could see what it was.

"Yea, I know you love this picture of me you and big head over there." Tiffany said referring to Zay. My attitude was now at a thousand, like who the fuck is this bitch. It was a picture of all three of them. It looked like a professional took it and you could tell both Izaiah and Tiffany were in their teens at the time. "

"Ok this next gift is from uncle Clyde." Mama Shirley said before opening up the card and smiling. She opened up at few more presents and then the cake arrived causing us to stop. "Cakes here!" Thelma shouted out as the waiters placed the nice white and yellow cake in front of her. They lit the candles and we all began to sing happy birthday.

She closed her and then began to blow out her candles that said 63. Everyone started clapping. "I'm going to the bathroom I'll be back." I said to Zay before walking away with Sage in toe, surprisingly.

We both used the bathroom and were now washing our hands. "You seem bothered." Sage said looking at me in the mirror. I didn't say anything I just kept washing my hands. "Is it Tiffany?" She asked turning off her pipe. "I'm not jealous if that's why you think I'm acting bothered. It's just...it's just that before coming here he never spoke of her, not once." I said drying my hands with the fancy bathroom towels.

"Stop tripping. Look Tiffany is like family to him, to us all honestly. When her brother died Izzy felt like he needed to watch over her...look out for her, because her brother and Izzy were really great friends." Sage said applying more lip gloss to her lips. "R-Really?" I asked feeling a little stupid.

"Yup! So if you really think about it, their like brother and sister girl." She said turning to face me. "Oh ok. Thanks for telling me that." I told her with a slight smile. We walked out the bathroom and back into the eating area where cake was being passed out. "You Ight?" Zay asked me as I sat down.

"Yea, much better now." I said smiling at him. "Good cause I wanna dance." He said pulling me up fast. "Wait! There's a dance floor?" I asked as he pulled me over to the big lounge. I didn't even realize that there was a whole lounge in this place. Ed Sheeran "Thinking out Loud" began playing as Izaiah pulled me into his arms and began dancing with me.

I placed my head on his shoulder as we moved swiftly side to side. I can't believe I thought something happened between him and Tiffany, I can't believe he lost his best friend even more. I get why he didn't tell me though, I mean who wants to talk about losing their best friend.

I would completely be hurt if god forbid, I ever lost Becky. She's my better half truly. "I love you." Zay said into my ear softly. I smiled "I love you too baby." I said holding my head up and placing a kiss on his lips. He smirked and we continued to enjoy the rest of the night.

TO BE CONTINUED...
Like|share|comment
  V O T E 🌟

Sidebar: Ugh, just wait until London finds out Zay did more than just protect Samantha.
   What do you guys think she'll do?

Another chapter update coming soon ✍🏽