Chapter 45

6 weeks later...

"London, there's a lady here to see you about the open position." Char the receptionist said walking into my office. I was organizing my October calendar so all my clients can book their appointments without any problems.

I haven't been feeling the best these last couple of weeks but work still came first. I was planning on building myself an empire. "Ok, send them in." I assured her closing my laptop. I took my business to instagram recently and told people I had one available booth.

I needed a good braider who could wow clients with their skills. I sipped on my ginger ale and waited for Char to bring the person to my office.

"Hi." a high pitched voice greeted me as she entered my office. "Hello, how are you today?" I said shaking the girls hand. She was pretty, she had a caramel like skin complexion. Her hair was braided into 6 small feed in braids and her baby hairs were laid.

"I'm good, and you?" She asked sitting down. I observed her and could automatically tell she was nervous. "I'm ok, my name is London and I'm the owner of this shop." I told her sitting back into my chair. "You have a really nice shop London. My name is Journey, I saw on instagram that you're looking for a braider." She said pulling something out from her bag.

"Thank you Journey. And I am." I assured her.
She pulled out her work portfolio and handed it to me. "T-This is all my work. I've been braiding hair since I was 13 years old. I started practicing on myself and then on my little sisters. When I finally perfected my craft I started building my clientele." She said playing with her fingers.

I examined her portfolio and I was pretty impressed. She had pictures of all her work and styles, from feed in braids to jumbo sized box braids, to freestyle cornrows and much more. You could see this girl was very talented and detailed about her work, I respected that. "Your work is really good." I told her closing the portfolio. "Thank you so much." She said smiling.

"How old are you Journey?" I asked wanting to know some basic information about her. "I just turned 17 this past summer." She told me. "Ok, and do you think you'll be able to maintain booth rent? It's $150 a month." I asked. "Oh yes! Of course." She said getting exited a little. "Ok, that's good. Give me a few days to run a background check and I'll be sure to have my receptionist give you a call." I told her already knowing I wanted to hire her.

"No problem. Thank you again for sitting with me and looking at my work." She said sounding very sincere. "Your welcome, talk to you soon." I assured her as she left out.

I checked the time on my phone and it was 3 in the afternoon. I was supposed to be meeting up with Becky for lunch, but I'm just not feeling well. I feel super exhausted, nauseous and my boobs hurt a lot. Maybe I should just reschedule, but then this will be the third time in 2 weeks that I've flunked on her.

Besides, we haven't hung out since my crazy surprise birthday party, where everyone was super drunk. I sent her a quick text letting her know that we were still on for lunch. I fixed the papers on my desk and grabbed my bag, proceeding to head out my office. "Honey did your boobies grow overnight?" Kim asked me causing me to chuckle. "Girl no." I told her.

"Mhm-hmm. There's only two ways your boobs grow that big in such little time. One, you got your titties done, or two, you pregnant." She said looking at me for answers. "Neither Kim, I'm just gaining weight. I'll be in the gym soon." I told her laughing. "Alright then." She said wrapping up our little conversation and I went on my way.

I hopped into my Range Rover and started it up heading for the Italian restaurant Becky and I were meeting at. I bumped "Come Thru." by Summer Walker ft Usher as I drove on the highway thinking about Izaiah. He was currently in Miami doing some business with the guys, he's been gone only about 2 days but I miss him like crazy.