Chapter 37

(2 weeks later...)

"I think you should do these colors." Becky said while pointing to some of the designs Lizzie came up with for my salons grand opening. We past the inspection test and now it's time to open up for business. I had everything put together, the shop was truly beautiful. It took some time and long days but my team and I pulled this off pretty fast.

"You know I was thinking that." I told her looking at the color scheme images again. "How was the trip though? Like overall?" She asked. "Eh, it was cool. At first I was finna check a bitch, but I got the run down and it wasn't nothing serious." I told her.

I watched Becky raise an eyebrow "Um, what you mean you was finna check a bitch? Who?!" She said sitting up straight in her seat.

"This girl name Tiffany. When Zay took me to his grandmas small get together she was there, and he introduced her as his "good friend", "the homie" which caused me to wonder, cause like he never spoke about her before then." I told Becky while playing with my freshly done tips. "The homie?" Becky said looking at me weirdly.

"Yea, but his cousin Sage, she told me that she's truly like family. Zay and Tiffany are like brother and sister." I told her. "Better be! Cause we can pull up on that hoe, real quick." Becky said causing me to bust out laughing.

One thing about my bestie, when it came down to me she gon step, she don't play about me and I don't play about her.

We continued making small talk as we made arrangements for the grand opening that was only one week away. "Catering is done. Entertainment is set and paid for, and invites were sent out." Char, the receptionist said walking into my office. Wow, it feels good to say that. My Office.

"Thanks Char. You can leave out now." I assured her while organizing the papers on my desk.
"Ok, see you ladies tomorrow. Get home safe." Char said before walking out the office. "I like that girl." Becky said with a bright smile. "Yea me too. She knows how to get things done." I said honestly speaking.

I finished gathering up everything I needed before Becky and I headed out the salon. "So you coming out tonight?"

Becky asked as I unlocked the doors to Zay's Jeep. "Uhh, I don't know. Out where?" I questioned putting my things into the backseat as Becky shut her trunk close. "So Zay didn't tell you that it's Travis's birthday party tonight?" She asked raising her eyebrow. "Shit! I totally forgot. I've been so focused on this shop that I didn't remember a thing." I told her holding my temples.

"Girl it's understandable. Just make sure you come ok?" She said getting into her car. "Alright I'll be there, text me." I assured her getting inside the Jeep and starting it up. I can't believe I forgot that tonight is Travis birthday celebration, ugh I feel like a bad person.

I've just been having so much stuff on my mind since Zay and I got back from Atlanta. Now I gotta hurry home to find something to wear. I pulled out the parking lot and onto the dark road.

"Hey Siri, call my boyfriend." I said to my phone while continuing to keep my eyes on the road. "...Calling boyfriend." Siri said while the phone began ringing out through the speakers since the jeeps Bluetooth was connected. "Wassup baby?" I heard him pick up and say into the phone. "Hey babe, I'm On my way! To the house now. I totally forgot about Travis party tonight." I stressed making a right turn.

"It's cool. You got plenty of time baby girl, party don't start for another hour." He assured me as I stopped at a red light. "Ok that's great, I'll be home in a few then." I said waiting for the light to change. "Drive safe mamas, see you when you get here." He said sounding so cute which caused me to smile. "Alright baby." I said before ending our phone call.

Moments later I pulled into the gate, parking the Jeep in its regular spot before hopping out. I pulled the keys out from my bag and opened the front door. The house was still clean and very quite. "Izaiah? Izaiah you in here?" I called out walking into the kitchen but he wasn't there. I sat my bag and keys on the island and turned around to head upstairs, but heard voices coming from downstairs which was where his little man cave was.

I didn't bother going inside because I figured he was just doing business. I headed upstairs to the bedroom to hoping to find an outfit and get started on my hair since I was still rocking this weak ponytail I did on myself in Georgia.

I roamed the closet trying to find something to wear. I put together a simple outfit which consisted of thigh high boots, some black shorts and this one-piece tank top I ordered from online.

After getting my outfit out the way I sat at my vanity and started putting my hair in braids so I can put on my wig. "I can't wait to see you doing your thing when the shop opens." Izaiah said walking up behind me which caused me to jump a little. "Boy! You scared me." I said as I continued braiding the end of my hair. "My fault ma." He said throwing his hand up in surrender.

I grabbed my black wig off my mannequin head and placed it onto my head while adjusting it. "You make that shit look so easy." He said sitting on the bed and watching me. "It is easy, if you have patience." I said laughing. "Come here, I missed you." He said signaling me to get in bed.

"Uhuh! We need to get ready." I said walking over to the bed anyways. "Give me a kiss and I'll let you finish." He said licking his nice pink lips. I playfully rolled my eyes and placed a big, wet juicy kiss on his lips. "Thank you." He said playfully slapping my butt.

"You're so annoying." I smirked pinning my wig up so I could get in the shower. "You love me though!" I heard him yell out which caused me to chuckle.

I turned the shower on and stood to the side as I waited for the water to warm up. I hope tonight is drama free and filled with good vibes. I just wanna party with my best friend and celebrate another year added to Travis life.

Honestly, he grew on me. I didn't like him at first because I thought he was just your typical bad boy, I wanted Becky to leave him alone. but now I'm seeing another side to him.

He's warm you could say and funny. He reminds me of my father in some weird way but that's another story. I hopped in the shower and began washing up.

TO BE CONTINUED...
Like|comment|share
  V O T E 🌟