vocal rest

Demi tugged on your arm as she tried to pull you back down in bed next to her. "Demi I have to go get you some water. You just said you're thirsty. I promise that i'll be right back." Demi tightened her grip around you and whined.

"But I wanna cuddle!" She said but covered her mouth with her hands afterwards when she realized that she had spoken. "Demi, come on, you have to stop talking. You're on vocal rest, remember?"

She groaned loudly and gave you sad eyes. You shook your head at her and she groaned again. "You have to stay quiet." "But I don't wanna." You crossed your arms over your chest and Demi went silent. "I'm serious. No talking. Now, you stay here and you stay quiet. I'll be right back." You kissed her forehead and went downstairs to grab her some water, coming back up a minute later to find Demi getting out of bed.

"What do you think you're doing?" She looked up at you with wide eyes. "Lay back down." She sighed but laid back down, smiling when you handed her the glass of water and had her take a few sips of it. You put the glass on the nightstand and looked at her seriously. You ran your fingers along her arm and planted a few kisses to your forehead. "What do you want me to do? What will it take for you to lay here quietly and get some sleep?"

She pretended to think about it for a few seconds before giggling adorably and caressing your cheek softly. "Kiss me and give me cuddles." You laid back down next to her and let her bury her face in your neck. You pressed a few kisses to her head and ran your fingers through her hair, listening closely as her breathing slowed a bit indicating that she was falling asleep.

"I love you." You spoke softly, thinking she'd fallen asleep. But she hadn't yet, and even though she was on vocal rest and wasn't supposed to be talking, she couldn't not tell you that she loves you, too. She couldn't fathom the idea of not being able to tell you that, no matter what was going on. "I love you too, princess." She said before falling asleep, leaving you with a smile on your face before you fell asleep soon after.