play with my hair

You softly closed the front door behind you and kicked off your shoes.

Demi was already home and sat on the couch. Her book of lyrics on her lap, pen in her hand as she wrote down ideas or lyrics that came to her mind. But when she heard you and lifted her head to see the sad look in your eyes she put them both on the table and opened her arms for you.

Without a word, you walked towards her and laid on her chest. You let a couple of whimpers out, the stresses and worries your job causes weighed heavy on your shoulders.

"It's okay, princess. You're home now. I'm here, I've got you." She said as she started to rub your back and kiss your head. And as much as you loved that, it wasn't what you wanted.

There's always one thing that comforts you more than anything and that's when Demi plays with your hair. You're not exactly sure why, but it's always soothing and makes you feel better, no matter how bad your day is or how horrible you feel.

"Demi..." Your voice was soft and quiet, but you didn't need to speak loudly. She heard you and she knew just what you needed.

Her hands moved to your hair, her fingers running through the tangles, trying to softly smooth them out for you. She started to twirl a few strands around her fingers, a small smile on her face when she heard you let out a content sigh.

"You're so beautiful, so amazing. You're doing a great job and I'm proud of you." She whispered softly, knowing you could use a little encouragement, and she's always happy to give you that.

You forget sometimes. You get caught up in your job and the overwhelming obligations that come with it. At the end of the day you feel stressed and tired, sometimes wondering if you're capable of handling it.

But then, you come home to Demi and she always makes things better. She loves you endlessly, she reminds you of that every chance she gets. And today would not be an exception.

"I love you so much." You murmured, your ear pressed right over her heart. The sound of her heartbeat made you feel calm.

"I love you too," she kissed your head, continuing to play with your hair, even as you began to fall asleep.

She held you close, even after you fell asleep she didn't let you go and she didn't stop playing with your hair either. It made you happy and she'd do anything to make you happy.