late night talks

The moonlight was slipping through the thin curtains. You rested comfortably on Demi, your head resting on her chest as she held you in her arms. Her fingers would trace circles on your back as you listened to the soothing beat of her heart.

You don't know what the time is, and frankly - you don't care. All you care about is your girlfriend and being as close to her as possible.

"Demi?" You felt the vibration of her hum come from her chest and it made you smile. "When did you realize you were in love with me?" Demi looked down at you and grinned. "Oh gosh, so long ago, baby girl. I knew there was something really special about you the moment I laid eyes on you. I had to get to know you, even though approaching you scared the shit out of me." you both giggled and Demi tilted your chin up and stared at you.

"But I knew that I was in love with you pretty early on, long before I told you. Loving you is the best thing I get to do. I love loving you."

You smiled and captured her lips in a sweet kiss and laid your head back on her chest when you pulled away. "Where do you see yourself in ten years?" Demi moved her hand and started to run it through your hair. "With you. I don't know what else, but I know it's with you. I think I see a family for us in the future, in a big house outside of the city. What about you? What do you see, princess?"

You took a few seconds to bask in the comfortable silence that surrounded you both. "I don't know really. I just see you - us." Demi's heartbeat sped up a bit when you kissed her chest. She dropped a kiss to your forehead and watched as you closed your eyes.

"It's alright princess. You can go to sleep. I'll be right here." You smiled when she kissed your cheeks a few times. Your eyes were closed and the feeling of her fingernails lightly running along your back was enough to help you fall asleep, wrapped up in the safe embrace of your girlfriend.