Drug Runner's Blood

The bell rings and I yawn, gathering my things in my arms. Thankfully that was my final class of the day, last night's hit really drained me. I head to the coffee shop on campus and order a large iced coffee, something that will hopefully keep me awake just long enough to get to my dorm room. University level creative writing courses are really taxing on my overtired brain. As I sit and wait for my order I neatly put my things into my bag, then pull out my phone, sitting at a little table by the window.

I check my messages, three new hits put up on the dark web, all with large sums of money to sway my opinion. One peaks my interest, a tiny little hit on a huge drug cartel, the Angels. They ship huge amounts of pcp into Korea, alongside dozens of other products. But angel dust was their main game, it was where they started out, hence the name Angels. "Jinnie!" My head shoots up and I look around, my eyes landing on the man at the counter holding my coffee. "Here!" I lift a hand in the air and walk over, taking the iced coffee and walking out of the cafe.

The Angels weren't an enemy I wanted to make but for the information up for grabs I would take that chance. I walk across the campus looking at the young adults around me, completely carefree and unaware about my life and the world I have a foot in. I could be like them, leave Vixen and the underground behind, I'm still holding onto my identity, I can still get out. But I think at this point I've gone to far to come back, I'll never be able to leave with a clear concious and hope for the future.

"Screw it, I'm taking the job." I hiss and stalk towards my dorm room. Thankfully I live alone, no roommates no problems. I throw my bag at the couch and watch as it opens and my papers fly everywhere. "Shit." I mutter and run a hand through my ginger hair, dragging my fingers down to the blonde tips at the bottom. "I'll deal with that later." I sigh and sit down in the swivel chair in my makeshift office, and or my weapons and strategy room. I open my laptop and get right down to researching the Angels and my target thoroughly, I never walk into a situation unprepared.

My hit is on a lower level pcp runner, he hasn't climbed the ranks yet but they say he's got what it takes to be big leagues within months. That's why I'm taking him out, making sure he'll never advance and cause problems. It'll be a hard one to do though, there's always a difficulty when it comes to the attractive ones. I head to my room and throw open the closet, pulling articles of clothing aside as I continue looking around. Finally I find what I'm looking for, a tight black bodycon dress with the midriff cut out and secured with a few crisscrossing straps. I slip on my black heeled knee high boots, strapping a blade to my right calf.

Then I straighten my naturally waved hair into a sheet that frames my face and dances along my shoulders. I do my makeup, long black lashes, sharp winged eyeliner and full red lips, a sharp contrast to all the black of my outfit. I know it's a risk to go in without a gun, but I'd never be able to sneak around with one in this outfit, so it's a risk I'll have to take. I get a little black clutch and put my phone, money and makeup in it. "Let's do this." I whisper fiercely, leaving my dorm and heading out to my Uber I ordered.

The Angels tend to hang out around the 'Sinners Sanctum', so that's where I'm heading, with a lot of hope and not a lot of weaponry. I get out of the car, paying the sketchy man in the driver's seat, heading to the club entrance. I walk straight to the door with a purpose only to get stopped by the bouncer. "Miss, please wait in line." The man grumbles and I pull a pout, batting my lashes up at him. "But it'll take forever to get in that way. And I really need a drink tonight, maybe a little someone on the side." I whisper, curling my fingers around his bicep. He gazes around quickly before letting me past the velvet rope. "Enjoy your time Miss." He winks as I pass and I smirk, hurrying in before he changed his mind.

I look around the dark room, eyes scanning the place before settling on collection of men seated on a grouping of velvet couches. The Angels. I slowly make my way towards them, stopping at the bar and ordering a shot of whiskey to calm my nerves. What I'm about to do is dangerous, more dangerous than what I should consider but I have my reasons. "Can I buy you a drink?" I stiffen at the warm breath on my neck before slowly relaxing and smiling. "I'd love that." He flags down the bartender and I shift my head a little to look up at him. I bite my lip and quickly look away, I've somehow gotten myself into the company of one of the Angels, and he's buying me a drink.