Fallout

I reach out and grab the necklaces from him, holding them up so I can see them better. I had forgot them on my desk, yet he went and got them for me. The locket that belonged to my mother, the two half heart pendants that my sister and I shared when we were younger, these hold a special place in my heart. "I found this too." He says and I quickly tuck the necklaces into my backpack's front pocket as he holds out a small, folded piece of paper.

"I had to break the frame to get it out. Sorry." He whispers and I gingerly take the paper, unfolding it to find the only picture of my family I still had. My hand flies to cover my mouth and he watches me carefully as my eyes dance over the picture. I silently put it away with the necklaces and he runs a hand through his hair. "I'm sorry that-" he starts and I cup his face, pressing my lips to his and cutting him off.

"Thank you Hoseok." I whisper as I gently pull away from him and he looks like he wants to kiss me back but he doesn't. "It was nothing kitten." He assures me and I rest my head on his shoulder, hiding my face in the crook of his neck. "It might be nothing to you, but it means everything to me." I say softly and shut my eyes, letting exhaustion take control of my body. I feel him wrap an arm around my body loosely before I drift off.

"Busan or Daegu? We need somewhere to go where there's enough people for us to hide a little." I shift slightly, fluttering my eyes open partially as the conversation drags me out of sleep. "Busan. I have a place we can go." Jimin's voice is soft, almost sad and I sit up to look at him. "Jimin we don't have to-" Hoseok starts and Jimin looks back. "We need to. I'll drive." He says and Namjoon glanced at Jin before pulling over and quickly switching seats with Jimin.

"What's happening?" I murmur and Hoseok gently brushes hair behind my ear. "Ask Jimin later." He whispers and kisses my temple. I sigh and glance over at Taehyung who's curled up as small as he can be and snoring softly. Then I look at Jungkook who shifts and rests his head on Namjoon's shoulder as soon as the older boy gets comfortable. Yoongi does the same on his other side and I notice the way Namjoon smiles, closing his eyes and leaning back.

Jin yawns but continues typing away on his laptop, concentrating heavily on his task. Then I look at Jimin behind the wheel, his gaze hard and his head held high. Finally I look back to Hoseok who's gaze is lingering on me, he jumps as my eyes meet his and he blushes. "I'm sorry for before when I kinda-" I trail off and lower my gaze, thinking of how I impulsively kissed him.

"I'm sorry that I didn't kiss you back." He breathes out the words, slipping a hand under my chin and raising my head up so that my gaze meets his again. "Hoseok I-" he shakes his head and I quickly shut up, blinking anxiously at him. "Kitten you and me have something special, a bond that I don't want to break. That's why I can't get into anything with you." He whispers, studying me carefully.

I've never felt my heart flutter the way it did when he uttered the first sentence and it honestly scared me. Not being in control of my emotions was like being dropped in a desert and told to survive. It was terrifying, confusing, and yet oddly liberating. He blinks at me and cocks his head and I realize he's waiting for a response. "Okay." I say softly, putting my arms around his torso and resting my head on his chest.

Eventually I fall asleep again because the next thing I know the car is pulling to a stop. "Come on kitten." Hoseok says and I quickly grab my things as we all hop out of the SUV. I slip the backpack on my shoulders and look around, my gaze falling on the beautiful house. "Jimin what is this place?" Taehyung asks softly and the other boy looks over his shoulder with a sad smile.

"This was my home that I grew up in." He fiddles anxiously with a key and I walk over to him, grabbing his hand. "I bought it because I thought that one day I could come here and have my own family." He breathes out the words and I take the key, going up the steps and unlocking the door. I wait for Jimin and he smiles faintly, scooping me up in his arms. He carries me inside like how a groom does with a bride and I kiss his cheek.

"But I realized that's a foolish dream." He says, setting me down lightly as the other boys come through the door. "I don't want to drag a woman that I'll have learned to love into this life. I don't want to raise a child in the same unstable circumstances that I grew up in." He shakes his head and runs a hand through his hair with a sigh. "I think I finally realized that." He smiles partially and grabs my hand.

"Jinnie when you showed up our lives got fast, dangerous, and distracting. It kept my mind off what I thought I wanted. And when we slowed down again I realized that I don't want a family like that." He pauses and looks around at all of us. "I finally noticed that I already have a family, right here." I throw my body into his, wrapping my arms around his neck.

I feel the others pile in and we stand in our little group hug for a long moment, just enjoying the fact that we have each other. "Come on, let's get the rest of our stuff and we can begin to figure out what we're doing now." Namjoon says, heading back outside and one by one they head out the door until Jimin and I are the only ones left. "I spent all my life trying to avenge my family, I didn't even realize I had found a new one until you pointed it out." I whisper and Jimin kisses my cheek before we head back out to get our bags.