Family: Old and New

"I asked for Vixen, not a high school girl Kookie." Namjoon says and I roll my eyes, putting my hands on my hips. "If you don't want me here I can always head back to uni." I say and he laughs softly, shaking his head. "Calm down, you're here for a reason sweetheart." He says and I pout, crossing my arms over my chest. "We're going for surveillance, the Angels, Spades and Kims are all having a meeting, almost like a beloved family reunion." Jin says and my mouth flies open. "Excuse me? We're not killing anybody?" I can't hide the disappointment that's written on my face.

"We need an extra person to hand around. Please?" Hoseok asked and I looked over at him to see a small pout on his face. "Hand around?" I ask and he chuckles softly looking at the other boys like he wants them to explain. "We want to kind of pass you around between the groups. Mingle with them, get them to share secrets they won't even share with us." Yoongi says and I sigh, hanging my head. "I'll do it. But I need a different outfit and a few deadly somethings to hold onto." I state, looking dead at Namjoon, there's no need to beat around the bush if I want something it's him I need to convince. "Fine, but you need to be ready in under an hour. Hoseok, stay with her until we get to the venue. And take these." Namjoon says and Jin hands us each an earpiece.

"I'll be in contact with you all from outside the area. Namjoon will be with me, we're all the backup you have so be careful." He says looking around the circle and I feel like I'm intruding on their moment so I step back. "We're Bangtan." Jungkook says and holds his hand out in the middle on the circle. Taehyung, Jimin, Jin and Hoseok quickly throw their hands in. Namjoon cracks a smile and adds his hand before they all look at Yoongi. "Fine." He rolls his eyes and joins the pile but I see a hint of a smile cross his face. That's the moment I realize they're all looking at me.

"Please Jinnie?" Jungkook pouts at me and Hoseok and Taehyung mimic him. I open my mouth to say something about how I'm not a part of the group but nothing comes out. Reluctantly I step forward and set my hand on top of Suga's and feel the corners of my mouth twitch upwards. "We're Bulletproof." Jungkook says and one by one everyone repeats it until we get to me. I look down at my hands before looking up and around the circle. "We're Bulletproof." I say and we all throw our hands in the air like a group of cheerleaders.

"Come on kitten, we're running out of time!" Hoseok grabs my hand and drags me towards a black sedan sitting nearby. I can tell the rest of the boys notice my shock because they all start to laugh before going their separate ways. Hoseok drives me back to my dorm and I let him inside, telling him that he's not allowed to look around. Then I hurry and open my closet, looking through the clothes I use for missions. I grab a mesh black top that you can see my black bra through before putting on a leather mini skirt. I pair it with tall black heels before quickly curling my hair. I quickly apply mascara, eyeliner and my favorite red lipstick before grabbing my phone and putting it in the side pocket of the skirt.

I also manage to slip my knife into that pocket as well before hurrying into the living room. I frown as I see Hosoek standing by the TV stand, holding a picture frame in his hands. "Your family?" He asks, looking up at me and I walk over, taking it from his hands gently. I look down at the picture in the frame. Four faces smile back at me, a blonde man with a bright blue eyes and a warm smile with a pretty ginger haired and green eyed girl on his shoulders, a ginger woman stands beside him her hazel eyes bright as her smile, she's holding a little blonde girl on her shoulder who gives the camera a toothy smile. They're all wearing bedazzled Minnie ears, standing in front of the castle at Walt Disney World.

"Yeah, they were." I whisper, trailing my fingers over the glass as if I could dive into the frame and relive the memories. "This was the only trip we ever went on, we couldn't afford much so it was everything to us. They died later that year, a car crash I was told. I know it wasn't, I know it was a cartel because my father was always trying so hard to protect us from them." I set the frame down with a sigh before looking up at Hoseok. "Let's go, I need a gun if we're going to a gang meeting." I say, picking up the earpiece from the coffee table where I set it down when we came in. I put it in my ear and press down on it until there's a loud sound of static.

"Jinnie? Is that you?" I hear Jin's voice
as the static fades. "If you can hear me, press down on the earpiece one more time and you'll be able to speak to me." I reach up and press on the communicator again. "I'm here Jin. Hoseok and I are going back to pick up a gun for me and we'll be there soon." I say and look over at Hosoek who walks over to me, putting his own earpiece in. "I say 15 minutes at most." Hoseok's voice rings through my com and the room and I blink for a moment, startled. "We need to hurry." He says taking his hand away from the earpiece and walking to the door.

We drive back to the base and Hoseok opens the weapon room up for me while I give another delighted squeal. It's like the best place on earth, if I'm honest. I grab a small pistol and look myself up and down with a sigh of annoyance. "Damn, nowhere to keep it." I mutter and look around one more time, my eyes landing on a holster. I grab it and set the gun down, picking up a wicked looking knife instead. "This will have to do." I sigh and secure the holster to my thigh, and tucking the blade in it before sliding it up under my skirt. "I'm going to pretend I didn't just see that." Hoseok turns around and leaves the room and I follow him, giggling to myself. "Here we come, these people don't know what's going on." I say, pressing my com and nodding at Hoseok as we get back in the car.