Familiar Hostages

"Okay Jin, now." Hoseok presses his comm and I wait, crouched by the door. I hear the subtle click of the lock sliding out of place and nod to Taehyung who turns the handle. Yoongi slips in, Hoseok following him. Taehyung helps me up and we go in after them, guns drawn and senses alert. We silently start our trek down the stairs, moving slowly to not make any sound. "Jimin I'm scared. What are we doing?" Jungkook's voice floats up towards us and Yoongi holds up a fist, a signal that means stop.

We all hold our positions, breathing softly as we wait for Jimin's response and the approval to move forward. "I don't know, I don't remember getting here. It's like I wasn't me." Jimin sounds like he's in pain which puts us further on guard. Yoongi holds up two fingers and points them down the staircase so Taehyung and Hoseok slowly begin to walk down again. Yoongi waves me over and I go to his side, watching the others descend further.

"I don't want to send you down yet. Jin just mentioned how me thought you were their trigger object and since they sound calm I'm hoping to keep them that way." Yoongi says and I nod slowly, swallowing the hurt that I get from thinking this is all somehow my fault. "Hobi! Tae!" The cries go up and Yoongi and I exchange a glance. "It's okay, it's alright." We hear what sounds like soft sobs and a few more comforting murmurs.

"Come on up!" Yoongi calls down and the two of us turn and make our way back up to ground level. "Go find Jin, we'll take care of them for now." Yoongi says and I nod, walking down the hallway. "Yoongi!" I hear the delight in their voices as I turn a corner and risk looking back to see both of them hugging the older boy. I continue on my way until I reach Jin's room opening the door and collapsing on the bed with a tiny sob.

"Jinnie?" Jin's voice is soft as he walks over and sits beside me, reaching out  hand. "What did I do that made me their target?" I sit up suddenly and brush my hair away from my face trying not to cry. "I don't know Jinnie. I don't know." He whispers and pulls me into his arms and I whimper, tucking my face into the chest with another little sob. "I don't want you guys getting hurt. It's better if I trade myself for Joon. You'll get him back and I won't set them off again." I say and he pulls my body onto his lap, kissing my temple gently.

"No Jinnie, no. Don't think like that. Don't get defeated because we're so much smarter and we will find a way to work it all out in our favor." He says and I hold back my tears, wrapping my arms tightly around him. "How?" I whisper and he sighs, resting his forehead against the top of my head. "I don't know yet, but we will figure it out." He says and I nod slowly, pulling back to wipe away tears. "Okay." I say and he smiles, kissing me gently so I return it.

Jin sits back and reaches for his comm, still in his ear. "Put them in the interrogation room, don't hurt them." He says and I get up, Jin grabbing my hand and pulling me towards the door. "Okay, let them calm down a little and then I have an experiment." He says and I get a sinking feeling I'm a part of that. We find Hoseok, Yoongi and Taehyung looking at a set of one way glass with frowns. "Hey." Taehyung nods as we approach and I feel my stomach flip upon seeing Jungkook and Jimin in separate rooms, looking around anxiously.

"Awe." I whisper and press my hands to the glass softly. "I'm going to talk to Jimin. Jin go to Jungkook." Yoongi says and the boys go separate ways, each entering the rooms at the same time. Taehyung wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me towards his body until my back hits his chest. "It's okay." He whispers and I realize that I'm silently crying, Hoseok watching from afar as my body shakes with sobs.

"It's not okay Tae. Somehow this is my fault." I hide my face in my hands and he rests his head against mine. "It'll be fine Jinnie, just calm down." Hoseok says softly and I pull myself away from Taehyung. "I'll be back. I just need a minute." I walk off down the hallway, wiping away tears and they let me go. I head to my room and change my clothes, a pair of whitewashed blue ripped jeans, red high converse, a black and white striped tee and a black leather jacket. I throw my hair into a bun and curl the small extra hairs before putting on waterproof makeup.

I grab and attach a holster to my thigh and put a gun in it before opening the door and walking back towards the interrogation room. "What do you mean she just left?" I hear Jin cry out and I turn the corner to see him holding Hoseok by the shoulders. "He means I left." I say and they turn their attention to me with a relieved sigh. "I want you to go and talk to Jimin, he's more calm than Jungkook is right now." Jin says and I nod, walking towards the door and opening it.

"Hey." I say softly and he looks up at me with a soft, worried look. "Jinnie." There's a hard tone in his voice that sets me off. I sit down in the chair across from him and kick my feet up onto the table with a frown. "You're not happy and I'm not happy so we're going to do this quickly." I say and he narrows his eyes. "I'm not talking Jinnie." He growls and I roll my eyes dramatically, grabbing my gun. "Jimin, we're going to have a conversation whether you want to or not." I hiss and aim the gun at him, watching his entire demeanor change.