Recovery

"I will do whatever I want, thank you very much." I hissed and tried to stand up only for Taehyung to gently push me back down. "You will stay there until Hobi says so." Taehyung sits down beside me and puts an arm around my shoulders. I sigh and curl up beside him resting my head on his chest. "I want to help though. We need to get Joon back and I'm a big part of that." I say softly and feel his chest heave as he sighs. "Jinnie, you can't help until you're better. Just rest." He soothes while stroking my hair gently.

"But-" his hand covers my mouth and I sit up startled while he tries not to laugh. "I will gag you if required Jinnie." He threatens playfully and can't help but widen my eyes at the sexual undertone in the words. "Did I hear what I thought I just heard?" Jimin teases from the doorway and we both look up at him. "Shit! I didn't mean-" Taehyung blushes and Jimin laughs hysterically while I sigh. "I get no peace." I groan as Taehyung leaves, letting Jimin watch over me.

"I'm not a child, you don't need to keep an eye on me." I scoff and he looks up from his phone for a heartbeat but doesn't say a word. "You're not a child." He says finally and I roll my eyes, going to stand up again. "But you're as stubborn as anyone comes. Sit your ass back down before I pin you to the bed." He says and I cross my arms over my chest, done with his sexual innuendo and the lack of effort he put into it. "You're not even trying to keep me entertained, how the fuck do you expect me to just stay here being bored?" I sigh and he looks up at me, holding my gaze.

"Entertain you? Is that all I'm here to do? Am I just entertainment to you? Is that all any of us are?" He says darkly and I ruffle my hair, looking away from him. "That's not what I meant." I mutter, staring at the opposite wall. "But that's what came out. Because somewhere in that heart, you might not even have, you thought it." He snarled and I flinched, something I never do. "Listen, I fucked up my choice of words. We all make mistakes. Lay off me." I spit over my shoulder and he rolls his eyes. "Look Jinnie. You're not the person who makes mistakes. Everything you do has a reason." He says slowly and I open my mouth to respond.

"So what's your reason with me?" He asks and I freeze up, running a hand over the bandages on my torso. "I feel fine. I think it's time to get to work." I stand up but he grabs one of my arms, twisting it behind my back before shoving me down on the bed more forcefully than required. "I don't like lies Jinnie." He hisses in my ear and I wince as pain ripples through my body, originating from my gunshot wound. "Then you chose the wrong career. Everything is lies in this business." I attempt to sound defiant but my voice sounds strained.

"I'm honest. I'm always being myself so why can't you be yourself?" He asks and I let out a tiny whine as the pain courses through my body like a fire. "Shit." He let's me up some enough that I can wretch myself from his grip, flipping over, wrapping my legs around his waist and pulling him onto the bed and pinning him down. "I don't know myself anymore so don't pull shit with me. And don't you dare lay a hand on me like you can control me or force me." I snarl, planting my hands on either side of his head.

"I wasn't. Now get your shit together before someone shows up." He says and I lower my body down onto his with a smug smile. "Why Jimin? Has something changed between us?" I hiss and he sighs deeply, closing his eyes for a moment trying to organize his thoughts. "Why are you never honest with me? Everyone but me. I can feel it." He says and opens his eyes, meeting mine. "I'm asking the questions here." I state and he arches an eyebrow as if to contradict my words.

"Well you forgot I have arms." His hands wrap around waist and he lifts me up, flipping us over until he has me pinned underneath him again, my arms held down with one of his hands, his knees resting gently on my thighs to keep me from fighting back. "Again, why am I different?" He asks and a sigh slips past my lips as I shut my eyes. "Why are you two different people? One minute you're standing there laughing like you've never had a care in the world and next we're doing whatever the fuck this is." I say and feel him tense up slightly.

"I figured that Taehyung was getting nowhere with wanting you to stay put so I changed tactics." He says and I open my eyes, glaring at him. "Then what's with all the personal questions? The aggressive actions and this?" He arches an eyebrow and bites his lip gently, shifting a little bit. "I don't know. I haven't felt the same since I've came back. Something about you is throwing me for a loop." He says and I frown thoughtfully.

"Jimin that's a really bad reason to get me into this position." I joke and his eyes narrow at me, not the slightest hint of amusement anywhere. "Something's changed and I don't know what." He says again and I sigh heavily feeling like we're going in circles. "I don't know Jimin but if you ask me, you're the one whose changed." He can't hide the confusion or the fear in his eyes because I see it, and it scares me. He seems like he doesn't know himself or any of us. Something happened and he's scared of us, or for us but I don't know which.