Chapter XI

As we reached the Homestead, everyone was going to their beds. I guess carving my name took longer than I thought.

'You can stay in my room, and I'll go to one of the bunkers,' he told me

'Thanks! But, can I ask you something?' I felt so embarrassed about what I was about to ask.

'Anything'

            'Could you sleep with me? - Uhm, I mean, in the same room, I don't mean to –uhm,' I blushed.

Newt laughed.

'Sure, no problem.'

'It's just... I usually can't sleep. I have horrible nightmares. In our Maze, I never slept alone, and as soon as I started to scream or something, someone woke me up. Would you mind?'

'It would be a pleasure.' He winked.

I rolled my eyes, in a playful way. We passed through some living rooms. All the guys started whistling and cheering for Newt and his "hot girlfriend", who I guess was me. Uh, guys. We climbed some stairs, and entered a small bedroom with a tiny bathroom. It was quite cozy.

'Here are some clothes, and there is water in the bathroom, so you can have a bath. It isn't fancy but it's the best.'

'It's great, thanks!'

He left the room. I washed my face and refreshed myself. I put on some new clothes and lay on the bed. My head was filled with thoughts. Too many. Someone knocked. Newt.