Chapter LVI

We decided to take watches. I tried to rest, but I couldn't. Newt, on the other hand, was snoring already. I wanted to get out of the Maze as quickly as possible. Hopefully Teresa will be awake.

I couldn't fall asleep, so I called Anne and told her I'd take the rest of her watch.

I stayed up until the morning. When everyone woke up, I was still taking watch.

'You've been here the whole night?' Rita asked.

I nodded. I went back in the House. I unlocked the door where Thomas was, and couldn't believe what I saw.
Thomas was on his knees, sobbing desperately. I patted his back, when I heard a voice:

'Where am I?' Teresa said quietly, beggining to open her eyes. Thomas got up immediately, and held her hand.

'Who are you?' She asked.

'I'm Thomas. Can't you remember me?'

'I don't remember anything exept my name, Teresa,' she said.

Thomas looked at me desperately and left the room. I called Clint, and he took care of Teresa. Newt wasn't in bed, so I went to the dining room.

'She's awake,' I told Sofia. 'But she doesn't remember anything.'

She went to tell the others, while I grabbed some scrambled eggs. I didn't see Newt, so, as soon as I finished eating, I looked for him outside. He was next to Thomas.

'She doesn't remember me,' Thomas said crying.

'Hey, Tommy, it'll be fine. Now we can get out of here. Calm down, okay?' Newt said.

'It's all my fault,' Thomas said.

'Yes, it is. But if you get us out of here, maybe you two'll have a chance,' Newt told him.

'I thought you hated me,' Thomas said.

I felt bad spying on them, but I couldn't just interrupt their conversation.

'I hate you. But now you're one of us,' Newt said.