Chapter XXX

The Death Creature had shoved me with one of its metallic arms. I managed not to fall. I clenched my dagger and stabbed it hard. I could feel its slimy skin, and I twisted the dagger, digging it deeper every time. That seemed to have affected the Death Creature, because it stopped trying to attack us and wailed. I knew that it wouldn't last long, and so did Newt. We ran.

Time passed very quickly. Probably due to the adrenalin pumping through my veins. In a blink of an eye, I could see the Glade. Home, finally. I sprinted, but as soon as I passed the Doors, I stopped dead in my tracks. I could see Rita, holding Cam against a wall, and Sofia, keeping a knife on Minho's neck. The other Gladers had their hands in the air, surrounded.

'Where's Maria? You took her huh?' Rita asked, pressing Cam's face harder and harder against the wall.

'We did nothing. I can explain-'

'I'm here. Let them go. They're our friends now,' I said.

Sofia dropped her knife and Rita let go of Cam almost immediately. They ran into me, almost suffocating me with a hug.

'You're not dead!' Sofia cried, joy in her voice.

'I think not,' I said. We laughed and cried at the same time.

'I see your humor is still the same,' Rita said, laughing.

I could see familiar faces everywhere. And they all joined our group hug. The guys just watched it in awe. I guess they weren't used to this stuff.

'Now that you're all back together, would you mind explaining why you treated us like that?' Cam asked, ending our ‘happy reunion’ moment.

'We're the ones that will ask the questions,' Rita snapped back.

'She means we're sorry,' Sofia said.

Rita rolled her eyes.

'I guess there's lots of explaining to do,' I said.

I told them all about the other Maze, and how they helped me get back, and how the Death Creatures attacked during the day several times.

'This is too much,' Rita said, confused.

'We have to focus on our way out. Now that we are together, we'll find one,' Newt said.

'Guys, I'm not feeling very well,' Minho said. And he passed out.

(Heeyy... Sorry for the cliff hangers, I swear they're not on purpose! I know my chapters are quite small, but it's not a strategy to get more reads or something like that. It's simply the way I write, and personally, I prefer smaller chapters to huge ones. Thankss for reading, and if you liked it, don't forget to vote!)