Chapter LXI

I kept crying. I still didn't understand why Chuck did it. He was so young. Gally lay on the ground, completely unconscious. WICKED must've been controlling him somehow. For the first time, I actually pittied him.

Series of shouts came from where the woman and Gally had come from. The woman started to panic.

I looked at Newt.

'Bloody hell,' he said.

Even Thomas seemed startled. Several men and women dressed in dark clothes came through the entrance, talking loudly. They had huge, wierd looking guns. Two of them tackled the woman. I stared in shock.

One of them aimed his gun, and shot her several times. This was definitely not what I was expecting. Through the windows, all I could see was blood.

A man approached us. Everything seemed unreal.

'We don't have time to explain. Just follow me,' he said.

I tried to ignore the screams, and we ran after him. We had to leave Chuck's body behind.

'Go!' One of them screamed from behind.

Newt was still gripping my hand. We ran down a long, dark hallway. I had no idea where we were. After long minutes, we reached some glass doors. On the other side was what seemed like a storm. We only stopped when a bus appeared.

'Hurry!' The man screamed.

Everyone squeezed their way into the bus, Newt and I were last. I was about to step on it, when someone yanked me back. A hideous woman pushed me to the ground, and I almost fell. Newt tried to split us up.

'Gonna save us from the Flare, are ya?' She said, covering me with spit, laughing maniacly.

One of the 'rescuers' tossed the woman to the ground.

'Don't believe a word they tell ya!' She screamed.

'Get on the bus!' The man said.

Newt pulled me in, and we huddled at the back of the bus.

'What was that about?' He asked.

'Every second that passes makes things even wierder,' I said.

One of the rescuers, probably the leader, entered the bus, and, just as we were about to leave, I saw the woman again, right in front of the bus.
She kept screaming and waving her arms. I shrieked as the driver slammed on the accelerator, and the bus hit the woman. I tried not to throw up as the bus wheels ran over her.

And, without a word, we drove into the night.

(Tomorrow I'll post the last chapter! Thanks for all the support, you guys are incredible!)