Chapter XXI

I hadn't realized that every single Glader was hearing me. Some of them were about to cry.

'That-that was bloody amazing,' said Newt.

'I remember that song,' said Cam. 'I don't know how, but it sounds so familiar.'

'I just wish I knew why this song is in my memory, it has to be something important.'

'Maybe it's to remind us that we did live before this klunk,' said Minho.

'Do you know any more?'

'A couple more. The others remembered songs too. I learned most of them.'

I spent hours singing every single song I could remember. Many of them were sad; others made every Glader stand up and dance. I think everyone liked them because it gave them hope. Newt joined them, although he kept looking at me with his typical smirk. Eventually everyone began to leave. Newt and I were the last ones.

'Sing something for me,' he asked.

I sang him a song called Magic. I didn't know why it came into my mind, but everyone loved it back in my Maze. It's strange how I could play all these songs on the guitar. Don't ask me how, or why. I kept my eyes on his, never letting go. When I finished it, he kissed my forehead.

'Thanks,' he said.

We entered our room and I was completely tired. We didn't even change clothes.

'Do you mind that I-?' He pointed to the bed.

'Of course I do. Seriously Newt, learn to respect my space.' I said, ironically.

'Oh, you want me to respect your space?' he asked, with a daring expression.

'Yes, I do' I giggled.

'Okay then.'

And then he left the room with a grin.

'Come back,' I shouted in a whisper.

'I respect your privacy.'

'Stop it, I'm tired.'

'Oh, so now you need me.'

He was on the first step of the stairs when a deafening noise erupted.