Chapter LIII

I still couldn't believe that they had actually come. I didn't care that they helped put as here. We would deal with that after they took us out of there. Teresa was still in a coma. I kept wondering if she remembered things like Thomas.

'It's time for you to speak,' Cam said.

'Well, my name is Thomas and-' This time Rita cut him off, grabbing his shirt.

'Do you think this is funny?' She asked.

'Okay, okay, sorry. I was just trying to lighten up the mood,' Thomas said. '

'Well, getting out of here will be complicated. And I can't tell you.'

'What do you mean, you can't?' Minho asked.

Could Thomas get more annoying?

'I need Teresa to wake up. Besides, there's no way we could take her like that. And I'm not leaving her.'

'I'm out,' Cam said. 'I can't stand this guy.' He left the room.

'You solve this out. And you'd better keep him away from me, I don't want to kill our way out of here,' Rita said, leaving the room.

On a normal day, I would've gone after them to try to calm them down. Besides that, Newt, Sofia, Minho and I were the ones left.

'Look, Thomas, I get that you don't want to leave Teresa behind. But tell me something. In your experiments you don't care about individual lives, correct?' I asked.

'Correct,' he replied.

'So why would we care about Teresa's life? You never cared about ours,' I said.

'You care about Teresa's life because I do. And I'm the one who can get you out of here.'

'The time we've been here isn't enough? We need to wait even more?' Minho asked.

'Yes, you do.' He looked at me. 'Have you told them what's outside?'

'Yes, I have.'

'Then why are you still so eager to go there?' He asked.

'You really don't get it, do you? We're sick of lies. Of not knowing who we are. Of being trapped,' Newt said.

'You clearly have no idea about the misery out there. The few survivors are haunted with the Flare,' Thomas said.

'Look, I know what's out there, and I want to go,' I said.

'But you have other reasons,' he said.

Was I that obvious?

'So you're suggesting that we stay here forever,' Sofia said.

'That would be nice! We can enjoy the good life: Grievers, no memories, people spying on us, what else could we wish for?' Minho said sarcastically.

'No. I'm suggesting that you enjoy the last days you have here. I know you've lost many friends, and I'm truly sorry for that,' Thomas said.

'You're not in charge here, so I say we make a deal. We wait 2 days. If she hasn't woken up, you'll tell us how to get out,' Newt said.

'Deal,' Thomas said.

'Meanwhile, he can stay locked up in an infirmary room. I don't trust you,' Minho said.

(Merry Christmas! I love you all, thanks for the support)