Chapter XXXI

Sofia managed to catch him.

'Some help here?' she asked.

'We'll take care of him, I bet he's just exhausted,' Sofia said.

Louise and Anne helped her carry Minho. I hoped he would be alright.

'I think we're all very tired. We should begin our searches tomorrow,' Newt said.

'Does everyone agree?' Rita asked.

They did.

'We'll find you guys a place to sleep,' Rita said. 'Any ideas Maria?'

'Actually, we could assemble some improvised tents for them at the House entrance.'

'I missed you and your practical ideas.'

We hugged.

'We're tired. And thirsty. If you're reunion is over, we'll get going,' Cam said. I'd never seen him so arrogant. I thought of him as a nice person. Apparently, I was wrong.

'Watch your mouth,' Rita said.

'Or what? You're gonna beat me up?' he said.

'Are you challenging me?'

She was about to punch him in the face when I grabbed her.

'Cam, stop being bloody stupid,' Newt said.

'Ok, I'll stop it, but I'm not the stupid one here,' he said.

Rita tried to hit him again. I should've let her, but I didn't. He deserved it.

'I need to speak with you. Privately,' Newt whispered in my ear.

'Newt and I are going to -hum- we have to talk about... Stuff,' I said.

Rita glanced at me with a questioning look.

'Go. I'll take care of it.'

We went into the Forest. Ours was friendlier. Maybe because nobody had been attacked there. Oh, and we didn't have a graveyard.

'Don't ever do that again,' Newt said, with a trace of anger.

'Do what?'

'Put yourself in unnecessary danger.'

'I'm sorry. I felt like I couldn't control myself, all I could think about was to destroy the Griever.' I'd already started to use their vocabulary. 'That had never happened before. I'm usually very rational. Those feelings, that urge to kill, it still scares me. I wasn't able to stop.'

'It's okay,' he said, pulling me into a kiss that took quite a long time to end.

'I'll give you a tour around here,' I told him, smiling, after our lips parted.

I showed him our House, our Farm and our Dinner Room. I hadn't realized how much I missed that place. It was strange seeing guys walking around. Most of them were huddled in groups. We passed by some Gladers. Louise was explaining them how everything worked. It was important that we all got along, we were a team now.

(Haha no cliff hanger! Hurray! Thanks to everyone giving me feedback, it really makes my day!)