Chapter XXXIX

'Good morning,' Sofia said. 'I see that you two were-'

'Yes.' I cut her off.

'We need to establish some rules if he's going to sleep in the same room as me.'

'I totally agree,' Rita said, already ready. She was quicker than I thought.

'Hopefully we won't stay here much longer,' I said.

'Where's Minho?' Newt asked.

'He's outside. We all have to talk,' I said.

Minho was waiting for us.

'Finally,' he said.

'I think we should talk at the dining room,' I said.

'Isn't it a mess?' Sofia asked.

'It was a mess, but Maria and I spent a couple of hours cleaning it,' Minho said.

The dining room still smelled a bit bad, but nothing compared to how it was before. We all sat down. I was waiting for someone to start to speak. That someone used to be Alby. As everyone else remained silent, I began.

'I'm not here to lecture you. I'm here to prevent shit like this to happen again. We are the leaders, including you Minho. We aren't supposed to give the example, we're supposed to lead. And all of us failed.'

'I agree. I think we should talk to the rest of the Gladers. But first, what is the plan for today?' Newt asked.

'We split up. We'll send the Designers and the Explorers out, and they'll do their regular tasks. The Guardians stay back here. I don't know how you guys want to organize yourselves,' Sofia said.

'Our Runners could explore your Maze with some guidance, and see if we find more leads,' Minho suggested.

'I agree,' Rita said. 'You could ask Rachel to lead the Runners, and I'll ask Louise to lead the Designers, so we can help them.'

'Sounds good,' I said.

'I can go with you,' Newt suggested.

'You should stay here. After all you're in command now,' Minho said.

'Yeah, I guess so,' Newt said, quite annoyed.

'Let's wake up the others?' Rita asked.

Everyone nodded.

'I have a fast way to wake up everyone,' Minho said. 'You guys go eat breakfast, don't worry.'

Whatever his idea was, we all agreed.