Chapter XXVI

'This dead end isn't supposed to exist. I'm sure of it,' Minho said.

This made me think we were close to finding something. There was nothing at the ground, so I began to search the walls. The ivy didn't help, so I used the dagger Newt gave me to rip it off. We were so concentrated that we didn't even see the Death Creature that approached us. In plain day. Again. This was not normal. I gestured them to be quiet and we slowly turned to face the monster. We had our weapons ready. But it didn't charge. Instead, it turned away and left, as if it hadn't seen us.

'This is not good,' I said.

'I bet it went to call his bloody friends.'

'Then let's get out of here,' Minho said.

'No,' I said.

I turned around, facing the back wall and teared the ivy apart. Behind it was a grey panel. My instincts were right. It had some numbers. We needed a code.

'What the-?'

Newt and Minho looked as puzzled as I was.

'A bloody code.'

'What could it shucking be?' Minho asked.

Then something struck my mind.

'Have you guys seen the metal squares with World In Catastrophe: Killzone Experiment Department?' I asked.

'Yes, they're all over the place. Jus like WICKED., written in those beetle blades and on our food supplies,' Minho said.

'It's our only clue about the outside world. So it has to be related somehow.'

'You're a bloody genius. There is one problem. The code is a six digit number,' Newt said

I hadn't noticed the six blank spaces. I looked at the panel. WICKED has six letters. That's a huge coincidence. I imagined how the letters would be arranged in those numbers. Like in an iPhone. I could remember how an iPhone looked, but not my family.

'W-9

I-4

C-2

K-5

E-3

D-3.' I said

Newt was introducing the code.

'Wait. I said. Don't enter it. Shouldn't we call the others?'

'We should. I'll go get them. You two stay here' Minho said.

'Okay. Bring everyone. If someone wants to stay behind, let them,? Newt said.

'Be careful' I said.

And just like that, Newt and I stayed alone.