The lost memories

Kang Hyewon?

Hey!

Why did you call me here?

To get back your memories.

My what?

Nothing. I called you here to have fun.

I'm going home.

I turned to leave but she caught hold of my hand and pulled me to the wall at the back of the playground.

What's this?

It's a wall for kids to write on, to have their memories imprinted so they won't forget.

And you brought me here because?

Look.

She pointed at a part of the wall and I saw my name. My eyes widened as I went closer to it.

The day when y/n made a friend for the first time?

I read what it said and furrowed my eyebrows as I couldn't remember anything about this playground. I looked around the wall and saw another.

y/n and HW. HW?

As I looked around, there was many things that I wrote but I couldn't remember any of it.

It'll take some time.

Huh? What do you mean?

It'll take some time to remember. Even though you might not want to.

What are you saying?

Ah~ it's cold here, let's go get some hot chocolate!

Wha-

She took my hand and pulled me into a shop, sitting me down and going to the counter.

2 hot chocolate please, one with extra whip cream. Thank you!

She then brought the hot chocolate and placed it on the table in front of me.

Here you go! Delicious hot chocolate with extra whip cream.

How do you know I like extra whip cream? Are you a stalker?

Wah~! This is so delicious, drink it.

Are you avoiding my questions?

She kept quiet and drank her hot chocolate, looking anywhere but at me. I then placed my hands on her cheeks softly and turned her head to look at me. Her eyes met mine for a second before she looked away again.

Why are you not looking at me?

I asked but she kept quiet. I felt her face heat up and removed my hand to see that her face was red.

Are you okay? Are you sick?

H-Huh? N-No I'm fine.

She stuttered looked down, hiding her face. She then cleared her throat and stood up.

Let's go, we still have places we need to visit.

What? Where are we-

She pulled me up and out of the shop, pulling me somewhere. ' Her hands are soft-. Yah Kim y/n get yourself together. ' I thought as I mentally slapped myself. I felt my cheeks heat up a bit as we arrived at a park, not far from the playground and hot choco shop. She sat me down at a bench and sat next to me.

Isn't the flowers beautiful? This was my favourite place as a kid.

Why?

I had a friend, a close friend that would always pull me here. We would sit here and admire the flowers, accompanying each other. It became our usual place, our safe space where we talk about everything. I would always listen to her talk about her life, enjoying her company.