The Return

Hyewon POV

I was sitting in class when I felt my phone buzz. I wanted to check who it was but the teacher called on me, making me forget about it until end of class.

Yah Hyewon-ah when is y/n coming back?

Oh in about 4 days.

Ah-

Have you heard..? No way she died... It's all over the news...

Yuri and I heard whispers and my eyebrows furrowed. I wanted to ask those people what they were talking about when I spotted Yena running towards us.

Yul!

Yena, what's wrong?

Have you seen the news?

No I was busy with class why? What happened?

y/n... she-she...

What? She what!? Use your words Choi Yena.

I raised my voice as I got worried when her voice changed from hurried to solemn.

Her plane. The news said her plane malfunction and-

No, there's no way. She's coming back in four days.

I guess she was returning early.

I quickly took out my phone and dialed y/n's number. It was ringing but she wasn't picking up. I didn't want to believe it and saw that Gyuri called me while I was in class. I quickly called her back but she wasn't picking up either.

My hand dropped to my sides as I stared at the ground. She's not be gone... She can't be gone. I rushed out of the school and was about to hail a taxi when Yuri stopped me.

I don't know what you're doing but let's calm down. We're not sure if it's true yet.

How can you tell me to calm down? How would you feel if it was Yena who was in that situation? You think you could stay calm!?

Tears fell as I shouted at Yuri. Her eyes soften and I knew she was thinking about what I said. I felt bad as I spurted it out.

I-I'm sorry I didn't mean to-

No it's fine. I wouldn't feel good about it either if Yena was in y/n's position. I'll try to contact y/n's workers at Canada and get them to contact the police.

Thanks Yuri... I'm sorry.

She smiled at me and patted my back. We went back to my house and Yuri started contacting people. I hadn't known she could speak English quite well until now. Yena was looking at her fiancée with hearts in her eyes but I saw her snap herself out of it and look my way.

It's okay, do what you want.

I said with a light chuckle. Yena nodded but instead of going back to looking at Yuri, she sat next to me and hugged me.

y/n will be fine, she's a strong women. She said she would make sure to bury me before she dies.

Yena chuckled. There was sadness in that chuckle and I remembered how Yena had been friends with y/n since middle school and they had a special bond along with Minju and Yujin. Although they had their ups and downs, they were always there for each other.

It looks like you're the one who lost her lover and not me.

I joked which made her laugh and hit my arm slightly. I was worried at first but as I read on with the article, I saw comments which said that it might have been fake news as the company that put the article out had been bribed before.