Chapter 1: The Dinner Occasion

Two Years Earlier

        I had noticed how unclear it was the day my life would probably change. Mostly because I was going through more things than anyone knew. My friends knew about them but it didn't matter because it made them more worried. Even my teachers knew I was going through some things. That it had to do with home. And basically my parents divorce. The divorce was finalized in August. And dad has been seeing a woman Colleen for at least a month. And I haven't met her yet and I hope to keep it that way. Besides dad and I don't communicate or get along not since my mother left.

I have to think extremely hard and it actually makes me love the idea to go to school because then I'm not distracted with dad's bullshit. Especially because dad is a workaholic. But I noticed the signs of mom and dad back in June. I noticed they kept it silent so I didn't notice. But then the outbursts happen. It was after ten thirty and they were screaming at each other and objects were being thrown it almost sounded like someone got slapped. But mom assured me they didn't hit each other. And anyway my dad isn't like that no matter how much he can lose his temper. But then mom and dad started going to marriage counseling after that.

And that did no good. Mom had pushed him away as if she was angry at something he did. And then I came home from Mandy's house and noticed mom was leaving. And I remember how angry I was at dad for this. For not chasing her. For letting her go into her car with her things leaving. Two weeks later mom filed for divorce and dad anxiously signed even though I know in mom's heart it tore her apart to do it. Ever since... dad and I have been distanced and cold hearted.

Three weeks later I found out dad had been seeing another woman. And that was pretty darn fast after he and mom just divorced. I actually hated it because it was always so secret. And I just absolutely hate it because dad would leave me at home while he was out swapping DNA with someone he hasn't even introduced me to. He did want to spend the night with me on my birthday. I turned sixteen. But instead I went to mom's. And my friends went over and we celebrated. And when I came home I found out that dad went out with Colleen anyway. And it was like he cared more about Colleen than his own daughter who is coping over her parents divorce. And he is such a selfish person. And mom is definitely right about him.

I had remained silent as I was very focused to my History class even though I do not understand half of anything. It is actually my worst subject. And I just want to get out of here since we only got like five minutes left until we can leave. And that means I can get a ride with Peach home. She has my dream car. She has a white convertible mustang. I don't have my driving license yet but I do have a permit. I went for it when I was fifteen. Dad paid for it all. And mom kinda encourages me to do it. I think mom will help me get my license as well. And my mom is a very encouraging woman.

I saw Amber Glossy staring at Logan Duvall. Logan is to be the hottest guy in school. He's been single since the summer. And nobody knows why he and his girlfriend broke up. And I don't even know who she is. And it seems that Amber wants nothing to call dibs on him. Amber go back way a long time ago. We went to kindergarten and first grade to third grade together. But there was a fall out once we got to middle school. We were was twelve. She chose popularity over friendship and hated that I wanted to be friends with Peach Golightly still. I met Peach in second grade. But we didn't become friends until middle school.

In middle school I joined the cheerleading squad and I am still on it with Amber as the captain cheerleader. And she is always in control and bossy. And get this... she's blonde. But I sit here seeing Amber want nothing but to probably hook up with him. But Logan doesn't look like that type of guy. And over here, is my best friends in this class; Mandy Stuart, Victoria Blossom and Peach. Here's the thing... Mandy and Victoria have boyfriends. Mandy is dating Aaron Lawton who is headstrong and he is on the football team. Pretty hot as well which I will admit. And then Victoria is dating Luke Smith.