Chapter 20: Christmas

I woke up on Christmas morning feeling myself very tired still. Of course I wish I could say it was one of those mornings I could sleep in but it was impossible. Dad's Christmas spirit is quite different than most people. Well I guess if you got a dad like mine who is happily married and enjoying the holidays then I guess you relate.

But my dad is different in other ways. He had the house filled with Christmas music. I woke up to the intro of Mariah Carey's All I Want For Christmas. My eyes flew open and I rolled my eyes, turning side to side in my cozy bed. I took my pillow shoving it over my head to block it out. But that didn't work. I wanted to scream. But nothing worked. So I just took my blanket, covering it over my entire body.

I tried lying in bed hoping I could sleep in a little longer. But unfortunately I couldn't because of the music. So I got up marching downstairs in my light pink bunny slippers to yell about the loud music. I got downstairs and I know my hair is a mess. I find Christopher downstairs in the kitchen. He's the one making all of the noise. So I'm guessing dad and Colleen are still sleeping. It's six in the freaking morning. Christopher was wearing his boxer shorts. And I smiled watching him making pancakes. And the table was set nicely. I just smiled at him, gawking.

Seeing Christopher cook was quite divine. Especially the way he looked in just his boxers. He looked so sexy right now. I looked directly at him and it took him time to actually notice I am standing there. He turned, taken by surprise.

"Emma!" He gasped.

   "Bonjour, Christopher." I greeted him as I came over to the countertop where he was. He took the batter over the stove. "It smells amazing in here."

      He had stood over the stove and I decided to take out the carton of eggs. And I took a bowl out and a spatula. The Christmas music was playing now of Last Christmas that flowed through the house. Christopher was flipping over the pancakes. I had taken out the large frying pan because Christopher had the other one. I took the eggs cracking them in the edge of the bowl. And I cracked a few. And Christopher caught the edge, nervous of me getting the yolk on the table and out of the bowl. He took the eggshell throwing them away. He just saved me. I had brought the bowl over to the frying pan pouring the yolk into the frying pan and it sizzled. And I began making scrambled eggs. As Christopher left the pancakes on the table which was a big batter. As in a big stack. And I smiled watching. He then started on the bacon in the pan he used and the bacon sizzled to life.

      I smiled at Christopher as I began making the scrambled eggs. And I smiled at him nonstop. And as I was placing the eggs on a large serving plate. And then I took out the pitcher of orange juice. I had put in slices of bread into the toaster. And then I had found myself just singing and dancing along. And Christopher has eyes me but when I caught him he chuckled, turning around as if I had done nothing wrong. I chuckled myself and only continued dancing once I grabbed the toast out of the toaster. And I placed napkins on the table as well. And I took the maple syrup out and placed Aunt Jemima on the table. Christopher came over placed the bacon strips on the plate.

   "Petit dejeuner est pret." I swiped my hands together.

   "Huh?" He frowned.

   "Never mind...I keep forgetting you don't understand French. Every morning on Christmas I used to speak French with my mom. Except dad he doesn't know anything about French." I said.

   "I like when you speak French. It's a talent. The way you pronounce your words." He grinned, shutting off the stove.

   "Well in that case....je vous remercie." I nodded. But I knew he didn't know what I said. "It means thank you."