Chapter 18: Secret Us

I know exactly what your thinking. Your probably wondering what happened next. Well to tell you the truth we came home immediately even though we had to come up with an excuse of why we didn't come home until after 1:00AM. Dad hadn't been home yet he unfortunately took the later shift so my guess he may not come home until six in the morning especially if he's doing surgery. I told Colleen about what happened with Patrick. I told her about him using me and she apologized to me about it and of course it has quite made me emotional about it. But when I came home I had taken a shower and I slept in just a white tee shirt with my fresh cleaned hair up. And I could barely go to sleep because all that was on my mind was Christopher.

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock going off, I hit it off and that's when I got up. I swung my legs over the edge of my bed quietly yawning. I rubbed my eyes and I heard noises downstairs coming from the kitchen and it sounded like Colleen. And I just couldn't wait to see Christopher. I thought of good things. Number one; it's Friday. Number two; Christopher... my one true gem I been thinking of since I first saw him. Number three; today is cheerleading day. So I definitely shook myself up to get on my feet and get ready for school.

"Emma," a voice at my door said, knocking. "Are you up?" Colleen said.

I was reaching for my closet as I informed her, "I'm up. I'm just getting dressed."

"Okay. Just come downstairs for breakfast." She said.

"Okay. Just gimme a few minutes. I'll be right down." I said, opening up my closet hoping she'd leave me to get ready.

And then with that she was gone. And with excitement that happened quick, I went through every outfit in my walk-in closet. I wanted to decide on what I wanted to wear. I wanted to look perfect. So I found this cute skirt of mine that was knee length and it was a pink floral and I picked out a white tank top and a long sweater to wear over. I had perfumed myself up while I had brushed my hair and I decided boxing the locket up that Patrick gave me. I'm going to send it back to him. By mailing it.

I had put on a pink bra and matching panties and then I had put on deodorant and then I had put my white tank top on and the pink floral skirt and the gray whitish sweater that hung low. And then I put on my white shoes. And then I worked so hard on my hair. I decided on putting my long hair up in a high ponytail that hung down long. And then I put makeup on. I wanted to look my damn best.

But I looked at my reflection, trying to figure everything out about my new face that looks different. I didn't notice it until now. But I have the glow. The same glow I've seen Mandy have. The glow that Peach and I never were able to have. But I joined the team of two. I have caught the glow. And it's making me look beyond gorgeous. I hope nobody notices how I'm glowing. Please I hope Victoria or Peach doesn't notice. If they do, oh well, it's my business. But what does that matter? I had slept with Christopher and it was amazing and everything I loved and everything I wanted it to be. And I just somehow keep thinking about it and it flows directly in my mind.

    The first thing I saw in myself was pure diamond of innocence from Emma James was now gone. It was like an anew was just peeking out. And I wish I could hide it. But someone might know or catch on. My dad, I hope not. And like I've said, he's like a psychic and he's very observant. So I have to try to hide this. So I just need to act like my normal self. I'm sure dad won't notice a thing. But if he knew about what Christopher and I did...he will probably ship me off to boarding school, a reformed school or maybe worse. Military school even... if that is worse.

I took my cheerleading uniform placing it in my gym bag that was a good size to put in my school bag along with small purse that held my phone. And so I had gotten out of my room with Marshmallow who was practically crying to get out. And just like that we both left the room and right downstairs. I left my bag by the door. And I decided on entering the kitchen and just when I did I was so fearful of dad noticing something.