Chapter 40: Tearing Us Apart

                        Third Person:

1:50PM

     In the James house while it was pouring rain. And it was storming. Colleen had gone out to the grocery store and she had returned getting the mail from their mailbox. There were two envelopes. One; was probably a financial bill and the other; was addressed to Edward James personally. She brought it in with her from the pouring rain.

   Colleen entered inside and she discovered Christopher went to Ty's before she got back. And Edward was doing some freshly work by trying to water and take care of Colleen's favorite plant that sits by the kitchen window. She came in, taking off her shoes and then hanging her coat up in the closet and then she put the envelopes on the table.

   "Hi dear," she greeted him when she came into the kitchen to find him.

  "So, I got a call from Max. And it looks like half of the other surgeons are now standbys. And he Max is a brain surgeon. And he just discovered this. So our bills might get lower. If so..." Edward's voice trailed off like he was worried.

   "Hey don't worry about it. Your probably their best surgeon there. So don't stress, honey. It's going to be okay. I promise. And luckily the house is not mortgaged." Colleen said with a proud smile.

     Outside the thunder roared. It was loud that the house's floor vibrates from it. Colleen had given Edward a kiss and they both stared out the window seeing the rain falling and the trees swaying with the wind.

   "So we alone?" Colleen asked.

   "Yeah, actually Christopher just left. You missed him by a few minutes. I'm surprised you didn't pass him. He went to Ty's who said he had some boxes for him." Edward told her, and Colleen kept that same smile on her face, and she stared proudly.

   "Well that gives us time to be alone. Our kids...they are a handful." Colleen laughed, and then she had embraced her arms around him and then she just pulled away with a sigh. "So I am going to make us both a lovely quiet lunch. The kids are gone. So..."

"Okay okay." He chuckled.

Colleen immediately was excited to have the house alone with Edward where it was peaceful and quiet since Emma and Christopher went to the lake house in Santa Maria. And it was finally a good time they could have alone time. And it's been quite a while since they have.

Colleen immediately started cooking in the kitchen to have lunch with him. Colleen moved the mail onto the little shelf by the house phone. And then she had just decided on getting out to make the salad which she is pretty good at. And Colleen was practically the chef in her childhood and teen years. However, Colleen had heard it storming outside. By the time it reached 2:20 she had fully cooked and Edward had the table set. And there was nicely flowing music.

And they had their nice cold homemade ice coffee. It was good for the heat Santa Monica was in. Regardless of the storm outside. It was still hot. A hot Indian summer, it seems. And of course their plates may have been filled with salad and tacos. Of course once they have sat down the only thing it was was nice silence.

  "I miss having days like this with you," Colleen had a cheer in her voice. And while outside, it was pouring like crazy.

  "Yeah, it's just been busy hours at the hospital. And you been at the office mostly everyday. Yesterday and today was the only day they let you off. No houses to show?" Edward had a small smile on.