Chapter 14: If Only

Chapter 14: If Only

I woke up unaware of the memory of falling asleep. I guess it flew by a lot faster than I expected. And I just decided to get up, swinging my legs over the edge of the bed. And immediately I pounded myself up with Marshmallow right beside me, waking. And I had gotten to the bathroom after leaving my room. I decided to brush my hair once I took it out of their ponytails and then I brushed and combed through it.

I then returned back to my room, to pick out an outfit and I did. I picked out a cute dress that was dark blue and very elegant. It flowed down on me like a flower blooming. And so then I decided to leave my hair down for today after I had brushed it through every knot. And then I found these gray dress boots to wear. Their the same ones I used to wear when I went hiking or camping. I had just knew I needed to get through the night. And as I had gotten ready for school, I heard my phone go off. I saw it was Peach letting me know she would be here at 8:40. I gave her a thumbs up emoji.

And then I took out my jean jacket and I placed it on back of my shoulder as I carried it. And then I grabbed my jean book bag filled with my books that I studied in just before my Geometry test for tomorrow. And so I had then made my bed and threw my pajamas in the hamper. I'll do the laundry when I get home. Or I'll just make Christopher do it.

As soon as I came downstairs I found the kitchen preoccupied with Colleen. And when she cooks alone it means dad went in very early. Colleen was dressed in her daily formal outfit before she would head out. But she always had time to make breakfast. I guess one day I should cook breakfast so she doesn't have to do so much.

    There Colleen was standing over the stove, cooking something good. And delicious as it smelled. I had taken my time placing down my bag and jacket and I greeted Colleen once I entered into the kitchen. I got myself some coffee. And on the fridge dad left me note saying: Have a good day honey, see you after school. P.S. I love u, dad.

    I smiled at the note. And then I just decided to drink from coffee after pouring half and half into it. And very little sugar in it. And I just sat at the table and then Colleen had wrapped up what she was making. And it happened to be Colleen's greatest blueberry pancakes and on the table was already bacon, sausage and home fries. I had gone right in but I spent more time on drinking my coffee even though the pitcher of orange juice was on the table.

   "How did you sleep?" She asked once she brought the stacks of toast.

   "Very well, actually." I replied.

        She had then sat down at the table. And she looked at me like it was crazy. I looked at the toast but I craved for the pancakes like crazy. I had took some and placed them on my plate putting butter on the center and pouring syrup on them.

   "Where's Christopher?" I asked with a soft sigh.

   "In his room probably. But he must have been up for a while. But regardless, he's always late. But last night April left at eleven thirty. And he probably didn't go to sleep until at least twelve." She said, drinking from her own coffee.

     Colleen stared at me with her blue eyes, and she didn't seem to know exactly what to say. And I had taken a bite into the pancakes tasting the blueberry mixed in it, making me crave it nonstop. And I couldn't believe it took April to leave that late. What did her parents say?

   "So is Peach still picking you up or are you gonna ride with Christopher?" She asked me.

   "Yeah, she's coming to get me. Besides riding with Christopher is insane. Especially when I go to school and all the girls are looking at him and they think he's like a dreamy God." I said, taking a drink from my coffee.