Chapter 17: Tell Me You Want Me

  There are certain things I need to understand. One; I never asked to feel love. Two; I was blind and couldn't see a player. Three; how could I let a night go from bliss to sorrow. As if I was drowning into the falling rain itself. And I stayed there as I only thought of what a night like this has done to me. And I'm here crying for not being honest. What is wrong with me?

     What have I done? Who am I? Mandy warned me that I should have been honest to Patrick. But if so, it didn't change the fact that he was a player. And I have no plans or interest in seeing Patrick ever again after tonight. And I don't think Christopher does either. But I just couldn't believe that I had to go through the worst tonight. Christopher tried warning me all those times about him and I didn't listen. My own stepbrother... how could I have done that? But I think I have done that for a reason.

I felt the rain hit down on me harder as I felt my face wet from the rain. And also, I just wanted to cry thinking of how everything happened. And I just kept my eyes closed and I felt Christopher shadow behind me. I felt him touch my shoulder and I heard him mumble my name.

"NO!" I turned away from him, slapping his hand away from me and I got up on my two feet, giving him nothing but hatred for what he started even if it was for my protection and for a good cause. But I don't care. "Don't touch me. Ever again."

When he had knocked me down a minute ago, I fell on the concrete. And he is going to be all nice? No, I will not stand here and tolerate his feelings changing for me if that's what it is. How can he treat me so? How can I have any attraction to him like that? After everything I can't just forgive him overnight.

"I'm sorry, Emma. I didn't mean to hurt you. And I tried warning you about Patrick. I had Jessica try to convince you. Your just so stubborn. That's your problem." Christopher said.

     Maybe I am stubborn. But he doesn't know what I deserved. What did he expect me to do? To just stand and watch him make out with April while I was toyed with. So I moved on or so I tried. There's nothing Christopher can say about hurting me. This is the third time he's knocked me down. The first time it was at school in the gym, the second time was when Patrick kissed me for the first time and then now kinda the same way as the second time. He was just angry so he knocked me down not realizing it, I assume.

    I don't think I can forgive Christopher for anything. For everything he has done the past weeks and days. Technically he is just like Patrick. Christopher had kissed me in the basement and then after told me it was a mistake and that it was always going to be April he'd chose. But after he wouldn't let me be happy. Why should I even listen or still be standing here with him?

    The rain continued to fall just as ten o'clock arrived. And I just felt the rain pouring down on me like crazy. I was already soaked from head to toe. I wanted to turn and walk away. I honestly didn't care about Christopher. He ruined so much tonight. But in a way he saved me from being used. But still he ruined it all for the both of us.

    I didn't wanna be here near him. I started to walk away but I knew Christopher wouldn't allow me to. He took me fiercely by the hand, trying to pull me back towards him. How could he? I looked at him quickly trying to push him away.

   "I'm stubborn?" I pulled away from him.

   "Yes, you are. I tried telling you so many times what he was capable of. He was going to use you because he told me. Ty knew as well and warned me. And it broke me and scared me to know what he was going to do." His voice turned from being harsh to comforting.

   "Well, if it weren't for you playing with my feelings by kissing me and then calling me a mistake then I wouldn't have ended up with Patrick." I whined, "what did you expect me to do? To just watch you kiss April, be all loving and how you touch her or better yet...listen to you two getting it on in your room? So I forced myself to move on from you."