Chapter 16: 27 Straws

       Over the past couple of weeks I had become very attached to Patrick. Even though he lives two hours away from Santa Monica. But he has made a lot of time for me since we have started going out. Christopher isn't happy about our relationship. I can see he gets so possessive when Patrick is so close to me. But I don't care. Christopher made his choice. And now I made mine. Patrick makes me happy. And I don't have to worry about him being crazy for someone else.

    We haven't had many dates because Patrick gets so busy with work and he has decided that he will go to a college close by to me. And he's practically anxious about it. But sometimes we meet up at the library where we actually get along and we actually talk. And usually after he stays over the house. I don't know if this is a blessing...but it has to be. And dad and Colleen are starting to get used to Patrick being around. And usually Christopher brings April over and they stay in the basement where they claim they are studying...but I know that is definitely not true.

All of my friends except Mandy are okay with me dating Patrick. Victoria thinks that he is hot and I am with the hottest yet. And last week all three of us girls went on a double date or I'll say triple date. It was on the Santa Monica pier. And it was beautiful. Victoria has already picked out a dress to wear to the New Years Eve Ball. And I breakdown every time she talks about her love with Luke. She has made it clear that she thinks they could be together until their in college. But she doesn't know that he has cheated on her with April numerous of times over the summer and then... at Mandy's party with Amber. I thought at first Logan made it up. But...April admitted it to me at Thanksgiving that she did cheat on Logan with Luke while Luke cheated on Victoria and it makes me cry every time.

I know I'm gonna have to tell Victoria. But the worst of everything...April has lied to Christopher about being cheated on. But also, I know Christopher has rights not to trust Patrick with me. But Patrick has changed. He used to play and sleep with many girls...but he admits he isn't like that. And he has taken full responsibility of sleeping with Gina. He says they had sex only three times and he regrets every moment of it. And I now see Christopher is the hurting one in the relationship not April. She's nothing but a liar just so Christopher could feel bad for her and have her. I wouldn't be surprised if she seduced him on the night they met. And I just couldn't stand the whole scenario.

    The night Patrick and I went out with me and my friends and their boyfriends, I saw how Victoria looked at Luke. She loves him so much and he has cheated on her and she has no idea it's happening behind her back. And it kills me every time. The other day when I was in the school library I saw Luke with another girl who is a cheerleader. Her name I think is Cheryl and she was a dirty blonde like Victoria and they were making out like crazy. And it definitely pissed me off. So there it is, Luke is still cheating on Victoria. And I have come to the reason to tell Victoria. I have to tell her. I have kept it too long. I know Logan won't tell her. So I gotta tell her.

I been debating about it for days now when or if I should tell Victoria. But if I keep it from her she'll be so crossed with me. So I have got to tell her. And now I have made up my mind to tell her. But telling her just might break her heart. And I don't wanna be the one to tell her.

    School was one of those boring lame days. And I remember being in my gym uniform. April kept giving me the hate-you-look. And I didn't pay attention to her at all. But not only that, April is in my gym class. And today in gym it was volleyball. I'm actually very good at it until April kept taking the volleyball and hitting me on the back of my head. April made a fake bitchy sorry to me.

    Of course, I couldn't understand why April has been treating me like this. I think she's still infuriated at me because of our fight at Thanksgiving. But that was three weeks ago. And she's still not over it? It's the thirteenth of December and it's a Thursday. And it's been a long three weeks of Patrick and I being the great lovebirds. I wear the locket he gave me and I never tear it off. I wear everyday to remind myself of the great boyfriend I have.