Chapter 33: I Can't Get Enough

I knew in my own heart that I would swim across a lake for Christopher. And all night he was all I thought about. And in my dreams he was still there. So as I woke, it was exactly six in the morning. And I heard birds chirping outside my window. And so I had enough time in my head to replay everything of last night. And once I got up, I opened the shades and I saw the birds in the tree just singing the morning away.

      So I just smiled thinking about Christopher. And being with Christopher has always excited me. And the idea of being with him has excited me. And I just think of the moment we had last night. And the one thing I loved was he was being honest with me about everything. But not just everything. But how he didn't wanna just jump into everything so fast. He did it respectfully. And I definitely understood it. And I know that he cares. Other people probably don't. But he does. And as I know him it's like every minute I just want him in spite of everything. Even after the hurt he caused. But right now I don't care.

     The first thing I did was get out of these pajamas. I decided on taking that bun that was all over the place. I took it out and I started to brush my hair. I had decided on brushing through my long brown hair. And then I re-did the bun back up messy. And then I grabbed a white tee-shirt to wear along with nice fluffy socks. And I decided on going downstairs.

       The heat right now is at least 95 degrees. And so, I relaxed myself once I was at the bottom of the stairs. I turned on the lights and I went into the kitchen and I started to make breakfast like usual. And since we probably won't leave here until tomorrow I just wanted to make sure I get myself the feel of this vacation. And so, I decided on making pancakes first. And I was always good at making them every morning especially on Sundays.

I had turned on the music but on low. It was definitely old music like from my parents childhood era which would be the early eighties. And I allowed the music to be on while I was mixing the batter of pancake mix into a bowl with a big wooden spoon. And I just had my mind set on today. Today is more swimming and more thinking. And while I was mixing and then I set the pan on to allow the batter to be gently poured in to make a pancake. And not only was I making pancakes I was making blueberry muffins and then bacon and eggs. And yes I had quite the time to make it. And mom probably wouldn't get up this early. Until I hear the shower turn on then I know she's definitely up. It took me time to make the many batter of pancakes. And then I set them on a nice plate on the table. And then I got the plates ready to set the table along with silverware and nice glasses.

    I made the batter to make the blueberry muffins. And I stuck them in the oven with a timer set. And then I started cooking on the frying pan of bacon. And after, I put them on a nice plate with a napkin and then I made the eggs and then I did the toast in the toaster. But in the process, my phone started ringing. And I turned the music off and I answered my phone seeing it was Peach.

    "Hey P." I said, answering my phone.

    "Hey girl. I thought you would call me. But Victoria told me you probably got busy up there at the lake. So I just wanna call and see how things are..." she said with laughter in her raspy voice.

     And I definitely didn't wanna talk to her about anything that's going on if that's what she's implying. So I should just kinda go along that everything is fine. And I should not tell her about the incident Christopher did to me in the kitchen when he was drunk. Because she'd be so pissed.

   "Things are great, Peach." I assured.

   "So, has anything exciting happen lately?" She sounded as if she knew the answer.