Chapter 22: April

Chapter 22: April

THIRD PERSON: 🌻

The crazy part about everything was April had just spent most of her time in her room. She had gone through seven full boxes of tissues. Her eyes just kept leaking tears. Her sister, Autumn tried helping. She offered tea, soup or even candy possibly ice cream to just cheer her up in a better mood since Christopher broke up with her. But nothing changed how she would feel.

    April was lying on her bed, just sulking while every tear fell. It was like she was terrified of anything happening to her as in the New Years Eve Ball. April still has her dress. But is still debating on going. But her tears just kept falling and she kept crying which she couldn't stop if she tried. Her parents decided to leave her alone because she needs time until she's ready to go to them.

April kept weeping and sobbing. And she had looked at the floor several times but mostly she was crying into her pillows. She cursed to herself of how Christopher could just breakup so easily. And she didn't understand why he wanted to so soon. April hated him for how he was. She knew there was definitely something going on with him and Emma. She only knew because how they were acting around each other. April didn't have proof. But she didn't need proof, because she could see right through them.

How could he do that? Was I not good for him? Was I not everything he wanted, April thought.

April hasn't wanted to come out of her room for six days. She hasn't gone to breakfast or dinner. Her parents are in fact worried about her. But her father, Garret Fields, never liked Christopher. But as of now he hates him for breaking his daughter's heart. And he has heard her crying over Christopher. He tried talking to her but his wife, Libby refused, to let April be alone for a bit.

But of course, Rain who was over for the holidays couldn't take it. April's twenty-year-old sister who is in college for nursing had not been able to stand her sister's crying. She had gone right into her room to talk to her and be the older sister she is. Even though she's not the oldest like Summer.

Rain had walked in, sitting on the bed beside her. April hadn't been able to stop crying if she could. She just allowed the tears to fall. And it was all over a guy.

"How could he do that to me?" April cried, unable to hold her emotions back. "I thought we really had something. Like this was real. He was better than any boyfriend I ever had."

"April, he is an asshole." Rain said. "And you are perfect. You never know how much someone loves you until they hurt you in the end. But forget about Christopher, April. He's not worth crying over." She handed April another tissue.

April sniffles as she began to dry her eyes. And April just didn't wanna stop crying because she felt like this was not getting anywhere. All her plans were ruined and got destroyed.

"Rain, what am I gonna do? We were supposed to go to the New Years Eve Ball. And I was so excited. And now we're broken up and I'm...I don't know what to do." April wept.

Rain embraced April and she cried to her like crazy. April hated Christopher more than anything and just like that, she hated him. And hated him for every fight they had. April wishes at this moment that she never met him.

"Your not gonna go?" Rain asked.

"No. Everyone knows we broke up. And I'm gonna be solo. And everyone is gonna stare at me. Besides, I hate getting dressed up for just some stupid ball." She rolled her eyes.

"April, not going is showing how much weaker you are. Don't let him get to you. Don't let him tear you down." Rain told her sister, sitting very close to he but she just felt like she might break.