Chapter 21: Unforgettable

       Two days flew by. And I just acted as if it were any day. The two days that passed, was very plain. Boring to even say. Christopher went distant from everyone. And I didn't mind it because I know deep down he did care about her. Whenever he was around, I apologized about it but he kept telling me not to.

According to my friends it's already known that Christopher and April broke up. Peach was the first to text me and ask if it were true. And of course I told her it was. Peach still crazy over Christopher. It makes me jealous but I know somehow Christopher wouldn't date Peach, because...he shows no interest in her except at the wedding reception. When he danced with her, leaving me only jealous because of my feelings for him.

Christopher has been spending time in his room which I knew it was because he was bummed about breaking up with April. He told Ty about it and since then the two been hanging out a lot, which I liked. Over the vacation for these two days, I been reading and talking to my friends. Mandy mostly...I been telling her the truth of what really happened on Christmas. And about the globe she broke. I could tell Christopher was angry she broke that. But I keep telling myself not to dwell on it.

That day is haunted in my mind. And I just remained in my bed just as morning came on day three of vacation. And I just wanted to feel about anything but guilt. And so I did. It was unbearable. And I had just thought of how I can get by on the worst of days to only wonder...was all of it worth it? Maybe Christopher and I getting together was the worst. Maybe it wasn't a good idea. Maybe it is not the greatest thing or choice we ever made. And I definitely didn't like the thought of how unhappy he became after he and April broke up two days ago.

I lied there in my bed, thinking of Christopher's eyes. They were warm. Beautiful. And he was nothing but lovely. Kind. Charming. And I just thought of him being here with me. His arms feeling strong. And just as it was...my door quietly opened and there he was. He came to my bed, sitting right on the edge, close to me.

My heart stopped the second I saw him and he looked so beautiful. How was I not to be in love with him? I want to kiss every part of him. But I just gazed at him in wonder. There was a part of me that knew what we were doing was wrong. But was it wrong? I know deep down we were just sneaking around. But how long will this last?

"What time is it?" I asked, telling it was early. Too early that dad and Colleen were still asleep. It looks like dawn just passed and the sun was just brought out to life.

"A little after six thirty." He replied. "Your dad got called in for work. Mom's still sleeping."

"Is everything okay? What's wrong, Chris?" I asked, looking deep into his eyes that were full of pain and hidden tears.

He shook his head, grabbing my hand. "Never mind, Em. Today is today. So... I thought I show you something. I wanna take you somewhere." He stroked my hair away from my face.

"Where?"

"You'll see. Just get up and then meet me downstairs when your ready." He told me.

"Okay Chris." I muttered.

    And he had left my room, and I gasped, breathing and I was ready to get up no matter how much I wanted to freaking sleep in. But I know Christopher meant what he said and what he wanted. So I would guess that it would only mean I have to get up.

   So I did.

~

       Once I got dressed, I met with Christopher downstairs and he was talking on the phone in the kitchen to someone. It seemed serious. But I think it was one of his friends. Possibly Ty, Liam who I heard of, or Tom who I know Christopher is very close with. But I know it is certainly not Patrick.