Chapter 24: You Are Mine

I will tell you that I didn't forgive Christopher the night or the day after The New Years Eve Ball. I didn't tell on him to our parents. It wasn't worth him getting in trouble. But it was worth me not talking to him for weeks. Things have been hard for me to be in the same room as him because I was upset with him. I was infuriated with him. I wasn't even sure how to find it in my heart to forgive him. He would try to apologize whenever we were alone. But I didn't accept it. Eventually he stopped trying.

Christopher has resented April for what happened at the ball. He has made it clear he is not getting back together with her. But he told me that night he just talked to April to calm her down. She fell asleep in his car and then he brought her home. But I don't get it. He was talking with her for two hours. I somehow just don't believe him. But it's what he says. And because I'm mad at him I'm not gonna fight with him or dwell on it.

   I got up from sleep and I saw it was six thirty. I'm the one who wants to make breakfast. And so I got up from my pajamas and I took a shower and then I got dressed in white Levi's and a yellow floral top. I had fuzzy socks on and I was wearing my favorite perfume and then I headed downstairs with my hair tied into a ponytail. Marshmallow had followed right behind me as I had gone directly into the kitchen. I began to just think in my head. And so I did.

     I thought of ways to get Christopher out of my head. Out of my veins. But somehow it is impossible. And I'm just upset and I'm beyond mad at him. And it's eating at me like crazy.

I decided on cooking the bacon first. And after I placed the cooked bacon onto a plate of napkin. And eventually I had just started cooking pancakes. And I hope to god I haven't woken anyone. And I had made plenty of pancakes which were at least two batters. And I had made the eggs and then the toast. But of course I placed everything down on the table, I had then taken the pitcher of orange juice and placed it down along with the butter. But when I turned I found Christopher there, scaring the hell out of me, I gasped.

  "What the hell?" I anxiously said, terrified of him just standing there, gawking.

    I actually looked at him for a long short moment. Admiring his face. His hair. His eyes. His lips. And what he was wearing. He was wearing a normal black shirt and jeans and he just looked all sexy as hell. And he made it impossible for me to stay mad at him. But on the outside I remained mad even though on the inside I'm gonna remain not mad. And he saw me looking at him. I quickly turned to bipolar and I had just ignored him, being super mad at him still.

     I ran over to the cabinet, taking the plates down and carrying them down onto the table. And Christopher did what I did. He stared at me for a long short moment, gawking.

  I took out the silverware placing them down with napkins. And he was still staring at me. Up and down. It really annoyed me where I rolled my eyes. And then I just took out three glasses to place down by each plate.

   "Come on, how long can you possibly stay mad at me?" He said, his voice sounding disappointed.

  "Forever, I guess." I pushed past him, which he had just sighed, being frustrated.

   He turned in my direction. "Emma, it's been three weeks. I've told you I'm sorry so many times. What do you want me to do?"

    At least he is trying. I'll give him that. But I hate being mad at him still. But what he did was wrong. What if Peach already left? I would have had to walk home. In the rain and in the dark. On New Years. One of the craziest holidays. It was beyond stupid on his part. And I am just in fury that he did that. Does he think a sorry is gonna fix it?