Chapter 26: I Saw You!

  I stared at my best friend who was already giving me the judgement. And I this is exactly what I was afraid of.

Peach.

      She could barely take her eyes off me. And she looks like she has so much to say. And I couldn't believe that she is standing here. I don't think I can lie. And she had her arms crossed and looked utterly disappointed. And I just couldn't believe that I was standing here in front of my best friend being somewhat judged without words.

    I felt the panic come over me. And I was beyond terrified what she has to say. And frankly, I don't think it's her business anyways. Even if she is to tell me what to do it isn't her business. I mean it's my life. It's not like she cares. But if she cares it's because she is completely obsessed with Christopher. And it's no lie. Since the wedding she's been obsessed with wanting to be with him. But back then, I didn't know that. After she told me about her crush on him, I just realized that Peach became obsessed. She talked about hating April just so she can have the guy she wants. And they danced at the ball and got his phone number. She is obsessed and now probably hates me because she saw me kiss Christopher.

    I honestly don't understand why Christopher is so full of risk. 'Cause now I gotta face the truth with my best friend. Thanks to Chris. But it's probably not too bad 'cause Mandy knows about my infatuation with Christopher. And also, when I first slept with Christopher. But I haven't told her about us having a secret relationship.

     I feel so trapped that I might die standing in front of my best friend and I can't lie to her because she's like an empath. She could be intuitive. She is a bit observant like I can be and just like my dad.

   "Hey Peach." I just sighed, trying not to mention what she probably saw.

   "So..." she trailed off. "Is this what you do? Is this what you been hiding me? This is why you been acting so different lately."

    My mind was going insane of how she knows.

  "I don't know what your talking about." I spilled out horribly.

  "Don't lie to me. And you can't. I saw you guys in the locker room. I went looking for you and in the corner I saw you...kissing him." She spat at the end and now I know there's no way of getting out of it.

  "Peach..."

   "How could you do this? You've been lying to me and you been lying to Mandy and Victoria. While your sneaking off with your stepbrother. How could you do this? How is this...? I mean your playing with fire. You do realize your dad is going to kill you when he finds out." She was judging me with every word throwing right at my face.

     I don't think Peach realizes what it's like for me. And I just can't put any of it together. But this is obviously none of her business.

"You know what Peach...you can say whatever you want. But it's none of your business. And why do you care?" I actually was feeling guilty the second I spat at her.

"Because I'm worried for you. A guy like Christopher will destroy you. On top of that, he is your damn stepbrother. You don't find it wrong what your doing with him?" She said.

Her judgmental gesture is definitely irritating me. She's acting like I'm under evaluation. What kind of friend is she? This is the worst thing she's ever done to me. Just shoving hateful words at my face. And she doesn't even feel bad about it.

I just sighed at how ridiculous this all is. She doesn't care about me. And why would she? She's just jealous because she's crushing on Christopher just as much as every girl in the school.