Chapter 30: What's Happened To Us?

           I sat in the library again studying like a freak. But I took my time to actually sit right by the section of the aisle with romance for young adults. And it's funny, I came across the book I adore. Love in Paradise. But the cover is different than mine. Mine is a small boat leaving an island and it's a painting of a young woman leaving. Even though that's a lie from the story. And I definitely found this very interesting. And just as that, I smiled at the book. And I loved this book because it definitely gives us life lessons and teaches us what happens to plenty of people who are stuck in a strange relationship. As in there could be codependency, addictions or anything that can drive two apart.

    I know this book as well as To Kill a Mockingbird. And I just laughed because in this book, their names are strange. Well the guy is Harry. His name is normal. But then there's Pricilla. That's kinda uncommon. And of course Pricilla has a son. So obviously the story takes you through this young woman's life while in a marriage with this man named Harry who is a drunk and abusive. But Pricilla obviously cares more about satisfying Harry than the health and good living environment for her son.

     And I sat there on the floor, just laughing. And last night I was at Peach's at her very nice and interesting slumber party. And my hair is in curls right now due to the hair curlers we all did. I think Mandy's came out the best. I mean I look so unrecognized with these kinda curls. But at least my makeup is fine. And so, at lunch today I saw Mandy showing her love story off while sitting with Aaron. I gotta say she's extremely lucky to have a guy like him. So many girls wish to have him. And having him is like a lock and key she must put on him. And not only that, Victoria had this time where she was close to Logan. And I loved it while Peach and I remain single. But it doesn't matter because maybe I will find the right guy.

    And I noticed in the cafeteria, Luke was sitting with Wyatt and of course, Christopher and April. And I paused only thinking in my head...Christopher knows April used to have sex with him and he has no self esteem about his girlfriend hanging with Luke who she cheated on Logan with. And it's not like I care. And so, I remained silent.

   I sat on the library floor in the aisle, snapping back to reality. And of course once I sat back up, I saw Amber talking with Luke. And I just stared but I was sneaking about it... only because I didn't want them to know I was looking at them. It seemed serious. Whatever it was they were talking about. And I just stayed silent and I observed them unlike I wanted to. And I saw her looking so ready to snap about something. But I know that it is not my business. And so, I returned back to my table and I entered back to my books to study at. And of course, once the bell rang and I took my books finally ready to go home and I will be studying all night since last night I was too busy having a slumber party.

Tonight I got plans to relax and study and not think about A Dog's Purpose that made me cry. And that movie got me thinking. What if it's like that for every dog? What if their reincarnated as different dogs through the years and decades and it takes them so long to find their owner? What if it's like that for Marshmallow? What if he's been reincarnated five times on this earth? And that makes me cry.

As soon as I was in the sea of students in the hall trying to get to my locker without falling or without any trouble happening. And as I remained silent getting to my locker, I did the combination which is zero like five times and I changed it like five times because losers kept breaking into my locker. And so, I grabbed my book bag putting my books back inside and then my jean jacket placing it on and so, I breathed once I shut my locker. And I had everything until I found Luke standing right on the other side of my locker and it shocked me that I gasped.