Chapter 3: More Than Just a Crush

Since dad was still on his honeymoon I had gone through an exhausting week. Cheerleading practice was everyday. Amber had worked us girls to the point we got sore. And it was definitely normal to us. We were practicing the routine for one of the craziest games. And Amber Glossy honestly just hated me. I don't know why she even said I could join in the first place. She practically humiliated Peach and told her no one wants a curvy girl on the squad. But first off, Peach isn't curvy anymore. I mean not like she used to back in Freshmen year. Now she's fine. Fine like Victoria, Mandy and me. And I swear plenty of guys should be chasing her.

I haven't heard anything from Christopher since the night he dropped me off at mom's. Mom gets home at five every night. She cooks her famous pasta but last night we had pasta puttanesca. And it was beyond delicious. And as I wake up on this unusual Sunday morning. My book, To Kill a Mockingbird was beside me on my bed. And I wake, after having a clear black and white dream. Which I hated awakening from. I smelled breakfast coming into the room. I was so certain mom was wide awake cooking. And I yawned softly getting up.

    My room here at mom's house is way bigger. The room is a light purple. And I have pillows everywhere. The pink rug is beautiful and fuzzy. I got my own bathroom in my room. The door was immediately right in my room and across from that was a walk in closet. I have regular shoes in there that mom bought a week after she moved out. And there's a lot of them just chillin' in this closet.

The first thing I did was jump out of my bed go to my dresser to look at myself in the mirror and see myself staring right back at me. I took my brush and decided to brush my hair out before heading downstairs. I definitely just looked at myself in these white pajamas. The bottoms were shorts and the top was thin straps. And I had white socks on my feet and I decided to then wipe my eyes clean and I opened my door and headed downstairs seeing my mom with the eight o'clock news on the TV.

I had gotten down into the kitchen where mom looked normal. In a tee shirt and leggings and of course her curls were tied up in a messy bun. And her face was so clear to see. She looks thin as always but she was definitely pretty to me still. And I saw the table set perfectly as it has been for two weeks. And I stared at the table that had a little dish of strawberries, blueberries and then there was toast, bacon and pancakes. I smiled seeing it made perfectly. And the jug of orange juice.

I stared at how lovely she looks. I grinned at her and she had made sure everything was set. The sun was shining into the kitchen. Mom saw me and smiled that I knew was everything I liked seeing. Seeing her happy. And she looked amazing.

"Good morning, honey." She said gaily that it was as if she could break into song and sing she looked so happy. "Did you sleep well?"

"Yeah, actually, I did." I mentioned it like that because I didn't wanna tell her about my dream being too peaceful that had to do with polar bears and sea turtles.

"Well come sit down and have some breakfast. Work off the hard work you did yesterday. I see that the squad is going big. It seems that the Amber girl is so uptight to be a Cheerleading Captain, if I can say?" She had brought herself a cup of coffee over but I stuck juice.

I know mom can be very judgmental sometimes and I knew better than to argue about it. I sat down with her and I honestly had quite great conversations. I told her all the tea about dad and Colleen's wedding. And she actually laughed at it in shade. Which I gotta say dad deserved that. And for two weeks we just been spending more time together. And she tells me how she and dad's mother still talk and she complains about dad's decision on marrying Colleen. She called mom two days after the wedding. So while dad was in Rome with Colleen Grandma was whining about the wedding in general and doesn't trust Colleen and seems to be all about money and is selfish.