Chapter 25: The Game

    When the big game had suddenly came around. I actually knew us Vixens had been looking forward for this for a long time. So every practice was meaningful. But I think I'm more excited to be cheering because I know Christopher will be there playing in the game. But I have one problem, it's April.

    So Christopher and April are officially back together. Christopher tells me it's just until graduation and then he says he'll break things off with her. By for one, it's a good cover up so our parents never find out about us. And once he graduates he will definitely breakup with her because many people know long distance relationships never last. And so, Christopher says while he's in college that if I get a car by then I can visit him when I please. But he's thought of living off campus. And I'm not worried because he hasn't even decided which college he wants to go to yet.

   Everyone at school was gossiping about Christopher and April getting back together. It was all over. I had seen Christopher and April constantly making out when I return home from Peach's or from Mandy's. They be in the sitting room on the sofa, just making out. I was jealous of course. But I just ignored the sight I saw.

      On this day of the game, I got out of the shower. And when I returned to my room in a towel, I saw my perfect cheerleading outfit lying on my bed as how I left it. It was red and looked perfect. I couldn't wait to get on the field and begin to wave the pom-poms. And I can look at Christopher just as I please even if April is present. But it's not like she can read my mind. She has no idea what I think.

I had to cut a lot of red ribbon to tie my hair up in. I decided on wearing my hair in a very high ponytail with small rubber elastics and putting the red ribbons around it tying them into bows. And I was in my outfit that was pretty short and I had my white tennis shoes on. And I couldn't wait to be out there today.

   So I knew I would have packed my bag with tons of water bottles and I made sure I was going to be hydrated. Just as it is a Saturday I remained ready and aware of the game that's going down today. And whenever I used to get prepared for the games I used to worry about the guys playing rough. But football is football. But Logan seems to be interested about today's game.

On Instagram and Snapchat Logan has talked about nothing but today's game. As Aaron is probably looking forward for today's game. And I know Christopher is because he has been practicing everyday. Colleen has gotten somewhat excited about the game herself. And Christopher obviously wishes Colleen didn't wanna go. But unfortunately she is actually going to the game and she's showing beyond excitement about it while my dad is caught up in work at the hospital.

Thank god.

As soon as I was dressed in my uniform but I put my jean jacket on and I decided to just walk out of my room with my bag and purse. And I texted Peach that I was on my way. Colleen decided to drive me to the school only because Christopher was also going to drive April to the game. And I just rather not be stuck in his car of the backseat watching them make out the entire time. Christopher understood that.

As I entered the kitchen where Colleen had been sitting at the table and I just joined her, going for the bagels she already toasted. And I spread on the cream cheese on my two bagels.

Colleen was not wearing makeup today. Even though it's a Saturday. She had her hair tied back in a ponytail. And she looked flawless. She was drinking her coffee which I enjoyed seeing. And since Christopher isn't around yet, we can actually have our silent moment to ourselves.

"I'm looking forward for today's game. And I'm so glad you'll be there...since dad can't." I said, excitement filled in my voice.

She smiled over at me, holding her cup. "Oh, not just me. Your mom is also going."