16

Myles POV
I look at Jenny as she lays on my chest, sleeping. I play in her hair and watch tv at the same time. I love nights like this with her. She makes me genuinely better, as a person and as a alpha. I'll protect her no matter what. Who would've thought I'd fall in love so quickly. I fall harder each time I'm with her. Her love is like a drug that I've overdosed on too many times. She's mine, forever.

Jenny's POV
I'm woken up by shouts coming from outside. Of course they belong to Myles, I know his voice from a mile away (😉 see what I did there). I stretch then get out of bed. It's still dark out so I check the clock, 3:54 in the morning. Damn I slept that long? Sleep hit different when someone else is laying with you.

I put on sweatpants and my house shoes with claws on them then walk outside. I look around until I spot Myles on his hands and knees, shouting in pain.

"Where the hell is it Myles? I'm not asking again." A female voice says. I peek a little more and see a silhouette holding its hand out towards Myles. Each time the fingers curls Myles screams out and holds his head.

"I don't know Ida. I'm telling you, I don't know what you're talking about. I thought you witches were smart enough to figure that out." He says, pain and aggression seeping from his voice.

"THAT IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH! If you don't find me that damn moonlight stone I will kill you. That's a promise." Who the hell is this girl? I step closer and closer when a twig snaps beneath me.

"Shit." I mumble to myself.

"Who is the-"

"Jennifer please get back inside." Myles says. He wasn't even looking at me, how could he have known it was me?

"Ahhh. Who is this Jennifer you speak of?"

"I swear to god if you hurt her I will track you down myself and kill you with my bare hands. Do not touch her!" Myles say.

"Shut up little mut." The lady says. "I wish you felt that way about the stone... which could cost you your life if I don't get it." She says.

"What stone, Myles?" I say stepping from the shadows. "Who are you?" I say.

"I'm Ida, leader of my coven. But, don't worry about who I am. Just know I will cause undefined pain to everyone who gets in my way."

"Well my boyfriend isn't in your way. You came here unannounced as if you live here so I suggest you take your ugly ass back to where the hell you came from." I say. She laughs in my face, as if this was a comedy club or some shit.

"Boyfriend? You don't know what he is? I'm more than hap-"

"Shut up. Jen go back inside, I got this. Leave." He says. Even though it's dark I still see his eyes pleading for me to corporate.

"No, you're gonna let some bitch bully you?" I say. Next thing I know, I feel as if someone is pulling my lungs from my body.

"Listen here. I've tried to be nice, human. But I will not be disrespected. I won't kill you, but next time there won't be a warning." The 'witch' says. I feel all the air rush back into me. I fall to my knees and start coughing uncontrollably.

"I said don't hurt her!" Myles says and attempts to tackle the woman. She looks at him and puts her hand out again. He instantly falls to the ground and starts yelling.

"You wolves just don't learn, do you?" She says. "I'm guessing she doesn't know your little secret. Well it's now to be revealed." She says. In about 3 seconds or so I hear the sounds of crunching. Myles falls over to his side, groaning in pain. Tears fall from my eyes. I want to help him but I can't move.