27

Myles POV
"Babe why does my tongue hurt?" I asked poking my tongue out in the mirror.

"Probably a lie bump." She shrugged.

"Ok..." I say.

"It's there cause you been lying too much." She thumps my head.

"What, no I don't." I argue.

"Yes you do. Remember when you took Ethan to get ice cream, you lied about that. Then you lied to him, telling him that I had cooties. Also you lied to me about being a wolf." She says. "I'm sure I can make the list longer." She says followed by a smirk.

"Whatever you want to go to the store with me?" I asked grabbing my keys. "Yeah let me grab my crocs." She quickly rushes you her side of the bed and slide on her blue crocs. "Ok let's go!" She said smiling. She gets so excited to go to the store, I think it's kinda cute. 

*****
Jenny's POV
"Ok, let's have collards, chicken, yams, and cornbread." I say skipping to the frozen food aisle. I love eating frozen fruits. Its better that way.

"You know I love your soul food cooking. Its so good it makes me want to eat you." He smiles.

"You ain't seen nothing yet. Anyways can you go find me some cornbread mix. Thanks in advance." I smile.

"Ok, but don't be sneaking Oreos out the pack like you did last time." He says walking away.

"You're no fun." I mumble as I walked in the cookie/ cereal aisle. I wait until I can't smell him so close to go for a pack.

"Yummy. Yummy. Oreos." I say sneaking some.

"Jen- Jennifer?" I hear a familiar faint voice. So much rage filled me. I turned around.
"I just want to say I'm sorry for everything. And... happy late birthday." Birthday... I forgot about my own birthday. Its March 19. Two weeks ago on March 5th was the day I turned 18. I didn't even realize it. Even when Myles birthday passed on January 2nd.

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"I came to get milk... for Andy." Her head hung low. She looked pitiful and it broke my heart a little.

"I'm sorry for basically kicking you out. You're not with your aunt so who do you live with?" I smelled my mate getting closer, I smiled a little.

"Myles." I say as he turned the corner then stopped. My mom looks at him then weakly smiles.

"It's nice to see you Myles, how are you?" She asked.

"I'm good. How are you." He asked.

She sighs. "Could be better." She fiddles with her zipper.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Um... well, I don't want to be with Andy no more. I've been sober for 3 weeks now and he doesn't like it because he feels like I should support his business more." She rolls her eyes. "Plus he uh... hurt me the other night."

"What?!" I growled. "Where?" I say. I watched as she unzipped her jacket and raised her shirt a little over her hip. She had i big bruise that looked like it covered her whole side.

"It's more, but I don't want to pull my pants down in the store." She trys to joke but I am beyond fuming.

"I'm going to kill that asshole!" I whisper yelled. I closed my eyes feeling my wolf surfacing. I haven't seen my mom in 6 months and this isn't what I wanted to hear when I saw her. "Mom you're coming with us. I can't let you stay with that bastard. Fuck Andy and his milk. You are a strong independent woman! If he wants something he better get off his ass and get it." I say grabbing her hand. She snatched it back.

"I-i can't go. He'll get mad. He'll find me and hurt me again. I've already tried to leave once before." She says on the verge of tears.

"Mom! Pull yourself together. You have us to protect you. I promise. And Andy wants to die, I suggest he stay away. You're living with us until we can get you back on your feet." I say. Myles nods then pull her in for a hug.

We finished getting the groceries and heading to Myles home that wasn't on pack grounds. I wasn't ready to tell her about my 'new abilities'.

*****
My mom finished showering then helped us cook. We laughed this entire night. It was nice seeing her like this, how she was when I was younger. Seeing her like this made me forget about everything harsh that took place between us. It was relaxing. "Thank you guys for tonight. See y'all in the morning." She said then kissed both of our heads.

"Goodnight Ma." Me and Myles said. I glared at him and he narrowed his eyes at me. I stuck my tongue out then took his and my plate to the kitchen.

"I love you." Myles said behind me.

"I love you most." I said and kissed him. He helped me clean up, then we got ready for bed.

"Do you ever wonder how birds have sex?" He randomly asked as we finished watching another episode of Kick Buttowski.

"No. You're so random." I say laughing.

"I wish i could fly like a bird." He says. I snickered. "It sucks that they can't see glass. That's how most birds die, they fly into windows, doors, windshields. Like that's sad."

"Um I don't recall asking for any of that info." I say snuggling up to him.

"Well I don't care I still told you."

"Tell me something I don't know." I say.

"We're gonna look, for your mom, a job." He says. Well I most definitely didn't know we were doing that.

"Okay. Hopefully it goes great." He pecked my lips once. Then he repeatedly did it again. Now we're semi making out, nothing too heavy. I pulled away but he put his finger under my chin and started to kiss me again. "Baby I'm tired."  I whined.

"I just wanna so you some love." He says grabbing my waist and pulling me on top of him. He sat up so I traced his tattoos on his chest.

"You can show me love in the morning though, but right now I'm tired and I just wanna cuddle." I pout.

He shook his head. "No kisses, no cuddles." I whine.

"Fine then." I get off of him and snuggle myself under the covers.

"Fine." He says.

"Cool." I say.

"Cool." He mocks. I don't say anything else because it was pissing me off and childish. "Girl, bring your ass over here and cuddle with me. Stop acting like that." He pulls me close to him. I smile. "You're such a baby." He smiles.

"I'm not 'a' baby, I'm YOUR baby." I say pecking his chest once.

"Forever and always." He cuts the tv off before wrapping both of his arms around me.

"I love you, goodnight."

"I love you too, night." He says kissing my forehead.