1. Rise and whine

Elizabeth's POV:

"Get up baby girl! Your gonna be late for school". I groan and throw the blanket over my head as light floods into my room.

"But mom, I don't wanna go!" I said. "Why baby? School is fun." I grumble under my breath and push the blanket off.

"No! Its not." Mom looks at me from over her shoulder a small frown on her face. "What is it baby girl, you love school" she says sitting at the foot of my bed, carefully observing me.

I just sigh, already feeling weighed down by the thought of sitting through another long day at school."I did love school. But then I had to get this stupid braces and now the other kids at school just make fun of me all day". I say, my eyes already starting to tear up.

Mom scoots over and pulls me into a hug."Oh baby girl." she says in a breathy voice. "Don't listen to those kids. They just don't understand why, and besides Its not forever. Just a little while longer and we'll take the braces out, OK?"

I just take a deep breath and let her words sooth me "Alright."

"Good" she said, Kissing my temple ,"now get ready for breakfast".

I get up and start to prepare believing today would be better. Gosh how wrong I was.

*************************

First chapters done!!..
I hope you like it. And please I am open to corrections and tips.. So please comment and share if you can. Thanks!!