27. Not Again

Ethan's POV

"Stay down!" Izzy yells. As the cartel guys shoot at us.

I see her peer over the side to take a look, so I do same. And honestly this guys seemed a little too put together to be cartel thugs.

There was a really huge guy that stood out. He looked like he could pick his teeth with our bones.

Bullets flew in my direction, so slid back into cover.

"Call for back up!" She yells, so I immediately get to it.

"Guys, we need serious help." I say pressing the earpiece into my ears to hear over the noise.

"Where are you?" Derek says. And I resist the urge to growl at him.

"The kitchen" I answer.

"Something's not right, this is a goose chase. The sound of fire crackers drew us away from the house." Dawn says.

"Same here." Derek replies.

"We're on our way".

I turn in time to see Izzy being yanked from over the kitchen Ilse and thrown like a ragdoll.

I'm about to fire shots when she yells for me to run. Like hell I will.

She pleads in a voice that makes me waver. I know I can't help us both so I run to meet the guys.

I find them a little far away from the house. Its a large compound.

"What happened?" Dawn asks quickly when she spots me.

"They have Iz.. Red cornered in the kitchen." I correct myself.

She immediately makes a run for it.

"Why'd they let you go?" Spencer asks.

"I don't known. Its like they where not even trying. Once they had Red they ignored me."
I answer in a hurry.

They both curse following after dawn.

I wonder briefly where Braun is, but shake it off. Myself and a flustered looking Carson trail behind them.

When we get there we find no trace of Red or the bad guys. Just Braun lying unconscious, and evidence of the attack.

Carson and Spence take Braun away from the scene.

I suddenly feel light headed. I can't loose her again. Not again.

"What the hell. These guys are not part of the cartel. It was a bloody set up." Derek yells. Angrily hitting the wall.

"Did you get a look at the guys?" Dawn asks me.

I nod in a daze.

"You're wearing the face recognition contact lenses right?" She inquires.

"I am. Why?" I ask.

"Did anything come up when you looked at them. Any information at all." She asks again.

"No, nothing." I say confused.

"Shit." Derek curses loudly.

What does this mean, I wonder.

"They are ghosts. Spies."
She answers the question in my head.

"This was planned by someone high up in the business." She adds.

She takes the lenses from me, saying something about retrieving images before hurrying away.

I turn to look at Derek. He has his head in his hands.

I realise that I love her, but these people care about her too. They have made it out of lord knows how many near death situations together. Especially Derek, that has known her the longest. I feel so stupid for looking down at their friendship.

"You guys will get her back man. I know you will. She probably knows that too." I say quietly.

He looks up at me, and smiles a bit.

"Yeah. We will." He says.

"I know about you." He adds.

"What?" I ask caught off guard.

"I see the way she looks at you. I see the way you look at her too. The subtle glances you both think no one catches up to.

Even when we met. I saw the reaction. You knew each other before all this.

I won't lie, she's a great girl. And I'll be crazy to not want her. But I met her at her lowest. I saw how much leaving her past behind broke her spirit.

And so if your what makes her happy. I would never get in the way of that." He finishes.

A sense of relief and sadness wash over me at his words. I can't help but fell greatful to him.

"Thanks man" I say sincerely.

"No problem"

As if on cue Dawn walks back in with the rest of the guys. Arguing with Braun to sit the mission out because he has a concussion.

She then calls a vote to which he looses causing him to storm out angrily. That's weird.

"We have identification on one of the guys." Dawn begins.

"Will Raymond. A rouge agent."

"Left the agency years back but apparently is still active. He is a very dangerous man to go up against."

"How do we find red?" I ask.

She suddenly looks sheepish.

"Oh. I maybe have a tracker on all of us. Sorry I didn't mention. It was for cases like this. Its in our clothing's."

"It's cool. What's the plan." Spence asks.

Derek being the oldest member steps up in Izzy's absence and comes up with a risky but full proof plan.

Let's hope it works.

**************************

I hope you like this... Please help share and vote if you do.
And I am complete open to corrections and tips so leave a comment if you can.

And for those that have taken the time to vote and comment . I appreciate it.

Thanks!!