19. Clarity

Ethan's POV

I was really hesitant about leaving red behind. But the look in her eyes made me believe she would really murder us herself if we didn't.

Carson and I made it to the car garage without being spotted.

"Get the garage door open, I'll grab a car", I quietly instruct Carson. He immediately heads for the remote.

I put in the password on my custom made key holder. When it clicks open I immediately go for the key to my mustang. I mean. What other way to get away from danger and possible murder than a state of the art horse power engine car. Right.

When I turn to look behind me Carson is waiting outside, garage door open.

"Any day now!" He whisper yells impatiently.

"Shut up." I retort back, climbing into the car.

I hear an explosion go off in the house and I'm tempted to go back for Red. But I resist the urge.

When I am completely backed out of the garage and into the drive way, Carson jumps into the passenger seat and I speed off.

"Did you hear that?!!". He asks hysterically. Then adds,

"It's like a war zone in there, what the hell was she thinking not bringing another agent with us?"

"She needs help." I reply.

"No shit Sherlock !", He exclaims back.

"What about those ear price things?", Carson asks.

"Yea", I agree. It slipped my mind.

I pull over in an ally for cover.

I pull mine out of my pocket and fix it in my ear. Carson does the same.

We both connect our phones to the device and activate it. Immediately hearing voices of the other agents.

"Guys!", Carson all but yells, Causing them to make pained sounds, cursing at him. He then proceeds to ask quietly,

"Can you hear me?".

"Well not anymore thanks to you!!", Someone comments. I think its Braun. Then Dawn asks in a more stern voice.

"What's going on?". We give her a quick rundown. Then she finally replies.

"We'll be there in 10, meet us at your house when we give the clear".

"Alright". I say. Then wait.

As usual, it didn't take long before my mind drifted towards Izzy. And then there is the issue with Red. They look so alike its unnerving. I couldn't help but feel like I was missing something.

She hasn't noticed yet. But I've been watching her all day. And for some reason she possesses all of Izzy's habits. Where do in start.

*She didn't touch her coffee in the conference room, and Izzy hates coffee.

*During the briefing she kept slowly running her finger in circles over the table, Izzy's nervous habit.

*I saw her reaction when she stepped into the room I keep Izzy's things. No one is that emotional over old stuff they have no attachment to.

And then finally, there was the fact that she looked genuinely scared and worried earlier, when she saw that gun pointed to my head in the kitchen.

You can't fake those emotions and it was plain as day what she was feeling in that moment. It wasn't just because she thought her client was in trouble, it was so much more.

I was so confused.

"Do you see it?" I asked randomly, not really paying attention.

"See what?", he asks quietly.

"Red and Izzy, their resemblance?. I know you Carson, you know what I mean." I said to him.

Yeah he only met her a few times during our family dinners. But there's the fact that I have her pictures scattered all over my house.

He was too damn observant to not notice.

"Yes." He finally answers. "I see it too"

"Something not right." I whisper, but he catches it. An responds.

"I know" .

As expected, Dawn instructs us to go back in about 10 minutes.

When we get there there's no sound coming from inside. Total silence. And I suddenly feel panicked.

Derek goes inside, Carson and I trailing behind him.

The house is a wreck. It smells like smoke and something really odd. Charred flesh. I'm not sure I even want to know what happed.

I enter the living room and freeze. Carson was right, it is a warzone in here.

I hear Carson whisper something and I turn to see what he's staring at. And then I see it.

Bodies littered everywhere, some missing body parts, others having a knife stuck in their forehead. Their eyes wide and mouths open, frozen in terror.

Then in the midst of it all. I see her.

Wild red curls flowing down her shoulders, free from the confines of the flawless bun she wore earlier, falling around her face. Bruises and cuts littering her body. And worse of all. She just pulls a dagger out of a mans head. Like it was so normal.

I was lost for words. Just standing there, mouth probably wide open.

"Lord have mercy" Carson Whisper's beside .

She just Snickers loudly, turning to face us. Before replying .

"I don't have any".

And I absolutely believe her.

When she gets closer her eyes catch mine, and I watch her body relax in relief. Loosing all tension, like my safety was the only thing that mattered when she reduced these men to ash, literally.

Looking down at her ruined dress she says. "On the bright side, there's one less stupid dress to torture me."

Call me crazy. Call me delusional. Call me whatever the hell you want. But I knew in that moment. That it was her.

Not just because that was something Izzy would say. But she lost the ascent in that statement. And I would recognize that voice anywhere. Lord knows I never stopped thinking about it.

***************************

I hope you like this... Please help share and vote if you do.
And I am complete open to corrections and tips so leave a comment if you can.

And for those that have taken the time to vote and comment . I appreciate it.

Thanks!!