23. Jealous

Elizabeth's POV

I woke up this morning with the biggest smile on my face. But when I reached over to the other side of the bed and found it empty, the smile was gone almost as quickly as it came.

I shot upright and into sitting position, searching the room with panicked eyes for proof that what happened last night was not a dream.

When my eyes landed on the note on my bedside table, leaning against a gorgeous looking strawberry cheese cake. I immediately relaxed because that was something only Ethan would do.

Crawling sleepily to the edge of my bed, I picked up the note and I couldn't help the smile that crept up my face while reading. It said.

'I know its not your birthday, but I'm starting now to make up for all the ones I missed. Happy 19th birthday in arias...........

With Love : Ethan :)

He got me a 19th birthday cake. My all time favorite. And here I thought I couldn't love the boy more than I already do.

I got out of bed and carried out my morning routine.Then I grabbed my cake and went to the kitchen for breakfast.

When I got there everyone but Derek was already present. The boys where talking about whatever guys talk about, while dawn was quietly reading a romance novel. Typical Dawn.

"Good morning guys!" I called out, taking a seat beside Dawn.

"Good morning sleeping beauty." Ethan said in reply. When I turned to face him he sent me a wink causing me to blush like a little school girl.

"Your turning red", Dawn suspiciously points out.

"I don't know what your talking about." I reply quickly. Stuffing my face with cake to avoid any confrontation.

"Uh huh." She says, Going back to her book.

"Where'd you get a cake." Spenser suddenly asks loudly, looking dreamily at it.

I smirk briefly in Ethan's direction before I answer. "The tooth fairy came to see me last night. Left this behind.",

"Really?" Spence says in a flat tone, a deadpan look on his face. And I can't help but chuckle at the scowl set on Ethan's face from being called a fairy.

"What the hell!!!!" Derek screams from his room.

For a second we're all startled, but then everyone except Ethan and Carson turn to give me a look that said 'what did you do this Time'.

And then I remember.

"Red!!!" He growls from his room again.

"Uh oh"

I hear his footsteps coming towards the kitchen and I'm up from my seat and over the counter before he gets to me.

"You put a bloody snake in my bathroom!!" He yells, trying to get to me. But I run to the other edge to get away. Making sure to keep him in front of me.

"Hey! It's not even poisonous this time" I yell back, trying so hard not to crack up at his annoyance.

"This time?!! What is this?" I hear Carson ask.

"You don't wanna know" Braun tells him with a terrified expression, as though remembering the incident. Can't say I blame him.

"You know?" Derek begins, a smirk playing on his lips. "I saw a spider nest in the basement yesterday. We should go check it out." He finishes, a full blown evil smirk on his face.

My eyes go wide at the word spider and I immediately shriek, turning on my heels to get away. But he's over the counter in seconds and has me tight in his grip.

"No!!, help me." I plead with the guys as he throws me over his shoulder, but they just laugh at my reaction.

"The great Red leaves a trail of death and destruction in her wake, but caves at the word spider" Dawn calls out. Causing them to laugh even More.

"You're all mean people.", I pout. Crossing my arms. I realise Derek hasn't moved yet, so I twist around in his arms to see what he's doing.

"Hey!, that's mine", I yell in horror. The beast was Eating my cake.

I turn to look at Ethan, realizing that he has been awfully quiet all the while. He had a pissed off look on his face. And I doubt it's because of the cake.

I suddenly begin to feel guilty. It's not like he's my boyfriend or anything. I don't see why he should be jealous of Derek.

He doesn't even like me that way. Right?

Derek finally puts me down after he's done eating about half the cake.

"Don't worry sweetheart, I forgive you" he says in an amused voice. Ruffling my hair.

"Asshole" I mumble under my breath, slapping his hand away while he laughs.

I turn back to look at Ethan and my heart drops. He left.

**************************

I hope you like this... Please help share and vote if you do.
And I am complete open to corrections and tips so leave a comment if you can.

And for those that have taken the time to vote and comment . I appreciate it.

Thanks!!