17. Something Familiar

Ethan's POV

Carson and i took our seats, patiently waiting for the agents to get here.

There was a short knock on the door and soon after a blonde girl walks in, closely followed by two young men about my age. One looking quite macho and the other more lean. Then a third guy follows.

I get up from my seat, going to greet them.

"Mr Black", the macho guy says, extending a hand for a hand stake, which I immediately take.

"Please, call me Ethan", I reply, after shaking his hand.

He just nods.

"Red!" The third guy that came in shouts from the door. I guess there's another one.

I suddenly have this weird feeling like I am being watched, so I look up. My eyes are suddenly locked on a cold yet very familiar pair of eyes.

And before my brain can catch up to what it was looking at my mouth moved on its own accord, as I whispered breathlessly.

"Izzy".

The girl strides confidently towards me stopping a few feet away. Her face giving nothing away. She then slowly cock's her head to the side as though examining me, and then says.

"Good morning Mr Black. I'm Red. And this is my unit. Its a pleasure to finally meet you". In a strong German ascent. I'm suddenly thrown off guard . Maybe I am going crazy thinking of Izzy now.

She clears her throat, an amused look on her face. I soon realize that she offered me her hand for a handshake but I was too spaced out to notice.

I immediately apologise as my face slightly heats up from embarrassment. Accepting her handshake.

I feel a jolt of Sparks at the contact, and I just cant help but feel like I've felt that touch before. But I shake it off. I'm making a fool out of myself already. Great first impression Ethan.

"So!".... Carson says, trying to break the tension.

"Let's have a seat and discuss business shall we", he continues.

I just nod and take a seat. Not yet trusting myself to speak, still a bit dazed .

"We are of the impression, that you believe your lives are in danger. And this is as a result of a dispute between yourselves and a drug cartel. Is that accurate Gentlemen?"
Red asks in a professional voice. Her accent making her sound even more sexy.

"Yes"... "Yes it is", Carson answers for the both of us. His voice snapping me back to reality. Oh God. What the hell is wrong with me. I think to myself. Straightening up in my seat, as I continue to listen.

"Why don't we start with introductions. We obviously already know who you are, so we'll just introduce ourselves. My name is Red. As I said earlier", she adds, giving me a pointed look. Maybe its not such a bad idea to let Victor kill me. Because at this rate, I might as well die from embarrassment.

"And this are the members of my unit. Guys?" , she nods. They begin to introduce themselves.

"Dawn"...

"Derek"..

"Braun"..

"Spencer"..

"Alright. Now that we've gotten that out of the way. Let's talk about the plan. We have a sperate unit digging up dirt on the drug cartel threatening the both of you as we speak. When they have the information we need, we will then black mail them into leaving you alone.

During the time duration it takes the said unit to acquire this information, we will be in charge of keeping you protected".

"Do you have any objections to this plan?"

She asks afterwards, and I am finally composed enough to speak up.

"No. Its a great plan".

"Good. You will both wear this at all times. It is a micro earpiece, modified to also serve as a tracker.

"Dawn will connect the devices to your phones for easier control. The tracker is permanently turned on, but turning on the earpiece is an option. We each have one connected to yours. So you can easily communicate with us if there is an emergency", she says, handing us the earpiece.

Our fingers brush slightly when she hands mine over, and a flash of something crosses her eyes . but its passes as soon as it came.

That is it for now. We will keep you both updated if anything note pops up. That would be all".

"Any questions?"

"Yea!", Carson says immediately, like he has been waiting for the moment the whole time.

"What is it?", she asks.

"Do you guys have one of those safe houses, with cool gadgets and weapons , like in the movies?!"

He asks, smiling like a kid on charisma's morning. And I can't help but roll my eyes. Dawn, the blonde girl bursts into a giggling fit. But sobers up the second Red shots her a glare, before replying.

"Yes, we do", she answers politely.

"Do we get to hang out in there?", he asks ,not missing a beat.

"No", she says flatly. Giving him a deadpan look. And I can't help but chuckle at the drop in his expression. Leave it to Carson to pout at a time like this.

He looked like he was about to beg on he's knees, but thankfully a series of loud gasps and chatter coming from outside the conference room cuts him off.

"What's going on?", I ask, getting up.

"The bad guys just aired your mail over a story building is whats going on", Derek replies staring out the glass windows.

"What do you .. Woah!" ... Carson says . staring wide eyed out the window too.

I immediately hasten my steps towards them and peer out the window too. Turns out the bad guys did send us mail. In the form of a giant piece of cloth, hanging off the side of opposite building, that read 'You will pay with blood' in red.

And so it begins.

***************************

I hope you like this... Please help share and vote if you do.
And I am complete open to corrections and tips so leave a comment if you can.

And for those that have taken the time to vote and comment . I appreciate it.

Thanks!!