11. Bad Choices

Ethan's POV

"What the hell did you do this time?" .. I ask warily, not really wanting to know the answer. Don't get me wrong Carson is a great guy and all. But he could be really careless sometimes.

He suddenly looked guilty , a sheepish look on his face as he tries to explain.."Well........ I kinda .. Maybe .. Sort o.." ,"Spit it out dammit".. I snap hating it when he does that . "OK! OK! ... Jeez. I ran into Victor at a bar last night. I was already drunk and lost all sense of reasoning or danger whatsoever. So when he began to talk shit about me and you I just decided I've finally had it with him and for lack of better words, bashed his brain in."

He finished not being able to meet my eyes anymore. There was a short stretch of silence as I processed what he just said, and then it finally clicked. "What?!!! "..I yell jumping up causing my seat to fall backwards. "Are you Fucking insane!!!!!" .... " You just signed our bloody death certificates you idiot! .. What the hell where you thinking?".

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I was going to kill Carson myself. When I said I fell apart after Izzy, that was an understatement. I didn't just throw Tantrum's and get into the occasional fights like every other teenager. Instead i got involved with a big time drug cartel.

It was stupid, but I didn't really have enough working brain cells to figure that out at the time. Carson helped in getting me out and off the drugs after he found out. Paid a hell lot of money to get out too. We butt heads a lot with the cartel heads son Victor Morales. He was an asshole and was always hell bent on finding a reason to take us out once and for all, so we avoided him all together. But Carson's action's just gave him a loaded gun, and I had no doubt he wasn't going to pull the trigger.

"This is bad. Really bad. What are we going to do about this?" I asked to no one in particular, pacing around my office.

"Well I had something in mind" .. I hear Carson say. And I sure as hell hope it's a billion dollar idea because our lives depend on it. "what?!!" I ask harshly, and then add, "And it better be good!", For extra measure.

"First we need protection, good protection. They won't stop till we're dead. So at this point it's either us or them". "Well no shit Sherlock. Of course the won't " I reply, "what are we going to do about that?".

He just sighs before replying."We obviously can't go to the cops with this. Last thing we need right now is pulling the company down by exposing your drug involvements with that cartel to the world. So we need an off the grid protection program. And I already have an idea which one to hire"...

"Yea, Your right. How are we going to get in contact with them tho. If they are off the grid". A wide almost giddy school girl expression took over his face has he answered.

" I already did"..

***************************

I hope you like this... Please help share and vote if you do.
And I am complete open to corrections and tips so leave a comment if you can.

Thanks!!