33. No Holding Back

Hey Guy's. So, I want this chapter to be as satisfying as possible. So I will be switching POV's between characters to cover all bases. Hope you like it!!

Ethan's POV

Dawn and I silently made our way to the waste passage. Both of us focused on the path ahead yet completely lost in our own thoughts.

We get to our destination within a few minutes, but what we find leaves us shocked and fairly confused.

"Its locked." Dawn says looking a bit frustrated.

Can't say I don't feel the same way.

"We'll just go to the control room and get it opened up." I suggest calmly.

"Shit!" She exclaims quietly. Then compiles.

"Alright, Let's go."

We just turn a left corner on the hallway when a familiar voice startles us from behind.

"Going somewhere?"

We both quickly twirl around and sigh in relief when we see who it is.

"Jesus Christ Braun!!! You scared the shit out if me!" She hisses at him in annoyance.

I on the other hand am too busy calming my beating heart, because I was seconds away from a cardiac arrest.

Braun casually replies with a small smirk on his face, seeming unfazed by her small outburst.

"You should really be more careful you know."

Then with an even bigger, and slightly wicked smirk he adds.

"I could have been the bad guy."

"Yeah whatever. Why are you here Braun? We voted you off this mission." Dawn asks, still irritated with him.

"Oh! I know that sweetheart. But I'm not here on a rescue mission." He replies coyly.

That's when I catch it. It's a sneaky and almost completely unnoticeable movement but i notice.

"Then why? You dummy" She inquires. But I guessed the answer.

And I'm already moving. Fast.

"I'm here to make sure your mission fails." And with that the throw knife I noticed him subtly pull out some seconds ago comes flying at Dawn.

It's a last second save but I crash into her moving us both out of the way and behind cover.

"It was you." I say loudly. More of a statement than a question.

"You helped them take Izzy." I add getting angrier. She loved this guys.

"Oh shut it rich boy." He snaps at me.

Dawn hasn't moved yet. I think she's in shock with what happened.

"She loves this team." I yell louder.

And as though my voice brings Dawn out of shock she asks I'm a small voice.

"Why?"

"Isn't it obvious Dawn. How could you idiots not see it? Let's just say blood really is thicker than water."

I look at Dawn confused. I watch the gears turn in her head as she puts the pieces together.

She suddenly gasps loudly, looking more pale than before.

It's a really small whisper but my ears catch it before the air carries it away, as she says,

"Jeremy."