24. Jealous (part 2)

Ethan's POV

I watched as Izzy shrieked and giggled over Derek's shoulder. She looked so happy, and I couldn't help but think there was something between them.

I'm the only one that should touch her that way, or make her feel the way she does right now. Nobody else. I thought angrily.

Did she replace me with him? I sure hope not, because I never did that to her. What if I found her too late and I already lost her?

Her eyes meet with mine and I know she can read the emotions off my face. Its not like I'm trying to hide it.

I won't be stuck being nothing but her best friend while she falls in love with someone else. I couldn't take it. I wont. I waited 9years too long to allow it. I don't care if I sound like a possessive jerk. I won't give my girl away.

With that in mind I quickly get up and out of there, heading straight for my room.

I began pacing, occasionally running my fingers through my hair in frustration. My mind running over thoughts a mile per minute.

A gentle knock on my door freezes me in my steps, pulling me out of my mind. I already know who it is.

"Come in." I answer stiffly.

She adorably sticks her head into the room. Giving me one of her innocent, doe eyed, apologetic looks.

My resolve begins to crumble as I ask,

"What are you doing here?"

She takes that as her cue to step in, closing the door behind her.

"I came to check on you. You seemed angry about something earlier. " she says cautiously, as though gauging my reaction.

"You think?" I say sarcastically, not being able to stop the bitterness from creeping into my voice.

"Well I'm good, you can go now." I add coldly.

"Well what's your problem?" She asks a little loudly, her temper starting to peak.

"Your my problem!!" I snap back immediately.

"What's up with you and that Derek guy? are you guys having sex or something?!!"

My face whips to the side, and it takes me a few seconds accompanied by the faint taste of copper in my mouth to realise what happened. She hit me.

I clench my fists and turn to look back at her.

"Don't you ever talk to me like that Ethan. And even if I we're sleeping with him, it is not your concern. You are my best friend, not my boyfriend." She hisses angrily at me.

And she's right. The words leave her mouth and I can hear my heart shatter like glass in to a million pieces. I never cry, but every time I do its always about Izzy.

"I'm sorry" I croak out, as my vision begins to cloud. Suddenly feeling very small, and vulnerable. I add,

"I didn't mean to blow up like that. Its just, I.." But the words get stuck in my throat.

"You what Ethan?" She asks, taking my trembling hands in hers and pulling me in for a hug.

"You what?", she leans up on her toes and whispers into my ear.

It's the perfect moment, and I'm about to tell her how I feel. But before I can say the words hanging on the tip of my tongue, Dawn yells her name from the kitchen.

We immediately pull away. I would not have let her go, but the urgency in Dawns voice could not be ignored.

We both ran out to see what was going on. The guys already out and waiting for an explanation.

"What happened?" Izzy asks in a stern voice.

Dawn turns her computer around and points to a series of red beeping dots.

"This program is connected to the house security system. When each motion detector surrounding the compound is tripped a silent alarm goes off. Hence the beeping red dots."

"So what does that mean?"

Carson asks hesitantly, as thought hoping his conclusion is incorrect.

Izzy presses her lips into a thin line, staring at the computer for a few silent seconds. Before she replies coldly.

"Their here."

**************************

I hope you like this... Please help share and vote if you do.
And I am complete open to corrections and tips so leave a comment if you can.

And for those that have taken the time to vote and comment . I appreciate it.

Thanks!!