26. Raid

Elizabeth's POV

"Bring up the security cameras." I instruct.

Dawn immediately gets to it.

I turn to Spencer and Derek.
"Get the weapons ready, I want Ethan and Carson geared up too."

"On it!" The say, disappearing into the house with Ethan and Carson.

"Braun?"

I only just realise that he isn't present. Wonder where he is.

"Where's Braun?" I ask Dawn.

"I don't know. Probably taking a shit." She responds bluntly.

I scrunch up my face at her disgusting statement.

"Ewww." I exclaim.

"The cameras are all up. But there is no sign of suspicious activity." She says, moving over so I can take a look.

I can't help but feel like something is off. These guys only have basic combat and weapons training. I expected them to be sloppy and get in camera range by now. Seeing as the motion sensors have all been tripped off at this point.

"Something's not right." I mumble.

The guys pour back into the living room, all geared up. I take my ammunition and bullet proof vest from Spence, while Dawn does the same with Derek.

We quickly gear up and turn our attention back to the group.

I immediately begin the quick briefing.

"They are scattered around the compound, but we have no visuals on them yet. So we are splitting up.

Spence and Braun, you'll take the back. Keep Carson close to you.

Dawn and Derek you'll scout the front.

I'll take the house. Ethan your with me."

They all nod.

"We don't know how many they are, or how heavy their fire power is. So stay hidden. We know the house better than they do. Use that to your advantage. And keep your communication devices open at all times.

Got it?"

A small chorus of affirmative responses are given in reply.

"Let's move out" I say.

The guys fan out, getting into position. While Ethan gets to my side.

We move in silence towards the kitchen for a minute before Ethan breaks the silence.

"Well the bad guys have terrible timing. They just had to show up when you're about to jump my bones." Ethan says quietly. A mischievous smirk on his face.

I gasp, smacking him in the arm.
"You liar!! you where the one groveling in apology when they showed up."

"Ouch! why do you keep hitting me today?" He whines, and I suddenly feel immensely guilty.

"I'm sorry I hit you when we argued earlier. I lost my temper. I'm really sorry." I apologize honestly.

"Its alright. I needed it anyways. Really reset things upstairs for me. I swear you have the meanest right hook ever."

I'm about to give a smartass reply when we hear shots being fired out front.

We are on our way out there to lend back up when we run smack into a wall of bad guys.

I'm caught off guard because there's no way they could be in here right now. The only passage is the escape door, that can only be Opened from inside with finger print authorisation.