13. The Dream Team

Elizabeth's POV

I take deep breaths at the door of our apartment before stepping inside. Yeah. Its a requirement that all units share an apartment. But I get stopped in my tracks when I realise what is going on. Shaking my head at a sight I have seen at least a hundred times before, and I already know how it's going to end. Hint. It is not a good ending.

Spence. Sitting at the table, snacking on a Ben's and Jerry's ice cream that is most certainly from Brauns private stash, completely clueless to everything going on around him. Braun on the other end, shooting Spence a glare so heated I could swear I feel the heat from all the way over here.

This is it guys. The moment where Spencer says something annoyingly stupid and finally sends Braun over the edge. Give it a second.

3, 2, 1.. "Oh hey man", Spence says, finally noticing Brauns presence. Then he points to the ice cream tub with his spoon and asks in a cheerful voice, "Did you want some?". And that is all it take's. You'll thing being an agent and all he'll have some sort of 6th sense of danger. Wrong.

Braun let's out a savage war cry as he lunges for Spence, sending them both tumbling to the ground.

"What the hell?!!", Spence shouts, sounding legit confused that he got attacked for taking from Brauns food stash. Again.

They then proceed to bash each others faces for a couple more minutes before the rest of the gang finally pour out of their rooms, breaking them up.

Told you it wouldn't end well.

"You Guy's are stupid, I was trying to take a nap", Dawn mumbles sleepily while rubbing her eyes, a small pout on her lips.

"This is about food again isn't it?", Derek says in an amused tone. "You guys never learn", he chuckles, helping Spence from the floor.

"He started it!!", Spence shouts pointing an accusing finger at Brawn.

"You ate my ice cream you dick!!", Braun yells in reply, looking like he's ready to go for a second round. I take that as a cue to make my presence known. And to think I have witnessed one of this guys decapitate a man with a bloody butter knife. Sigh.

"Well that was a warm welcome!" I say in a happy voice, the sarcasm dripping off my words. I stroll into the apartment and head straight for the couch. I flop down on it getting comfortable before starting on the briefing.

"We have been assigned a new mission".

The announcement is enough to get them sobered up and into a more professional composition.

Well. I would love to introduce you all to my prestigious unit, Delta 1. Note the sarcasm. I'm pretty sure they botched that introduction with their first impression.

First we have Dawn, she is a really sweet girl. Blond hair, blue eyes, preppy attitude. Reminds me of cheerleaders back in high school. But don't let the looks fool you.. She's commonly known as The reaper by other agencies. And trust me when I say this, her reputation proceeds her. She is our specialist on weapons and technology. Joined our unit only about a year ago after the last specialist blew himself up. The guy was too cocky anyways. This is a step up.

Then next is Derek. Tall dark and handsome. Hazel eyes. He's a pretty good guy. Very reliable. He is our mole. The guy could disguise his way into heaven if you gave him a chance. Comes in pretty handy when we need to get into places we shouldn't be. Which happens a lot.

Then there's Spencer. The complete nerd package. Glasses and all. But he is so much stronger than he looks. He takes care of the special intelligence department. Can get a hold of any form of information about any one in the world. It's scary really. Lord knows how he finds Brauns food stash... I have been searching for months.

Next is Braun. He's a good guy. Major macho man. Brunette, brown eyes. He's the supplies guy. He can get anything transportation at anytime. Choppers, jets, cars, probably even a train if necessary. The guy could get us the titanic if we asked nicely.

And then there's me. The unit head. It's not been easy, but I do my best to keep the team together. Let me tell you, getting a bunch of people with completely different personalities to work smoothly together is no easy job. Sometimes, I feel like John Snow. The time he got most noble houses to fight along side Wildlings, the Dothraki and bloody dragons to defeat the white walkers. Yeah. I'm a GOT fan.

"When do we leave for the mission?", Derek asks,

"Tomorrow morning. Its Saturday, so we should meet with our clients on Monday. If you check the files, you will see that we have been assigned to jobs in their business firm".

"Wow", Dawn exclaims looking down at the file. "Young, rich and handsome. I like it".

I have come to know Dawn as a sucker for good looks and money. But I can't help but feel a small twinge of jealousy at the thought of Ethan liking her. I shake it off immediately.

"How are we getting there?, what are the transport arrangements?" Dawn asks.

There are a few seconds of silence before Braun speaks up. A huge smile stretching across his face at the idea.
"I may be able to get us a private jet by tomorrow morning".. His words cause our expressions to match he's. But then I wipe the joy off all their faces and replace it with looks of horror with just two words.

"I'm flying" .

***************************

I hope you like this... Please help share and vote if you do.
And I am complete open to corrections and tips so leave a comment if you can.

Thanks!!